EUR/USD Technical analysis 13 December 2018
2018-12-13 12:32 am | Resource: Technical Analysis | No Views : 152
The EURUSD is moving in a sideway direction in the near term.
The EURUSD is still trading above level of 1.1300, but is still facing resistance and selling pressure around the 1.1382 level, where uncertainty remains over the euro zone.
In view of the technical indicators
Both the RSI and the Stochastic are indicating to the weakness of the indicators as well as the inability of prices to reach the upper boundary of the Bollinger Index.
Therefore, we expect that the EURUSD will retreat to the 1.1300 level, which by breaking it down the EURUSD will target the levels of 1.1266 - 1.1215, and this scenario would fail if the EURUSD breached level of 1.1382 to upside.
The alternative scenario is that the EURUSD re-test level of 1.1382 again.
Our view is currently neutral about EURUSD pair.
The fundamental overview
• On the economic data level, the key refinancing report for the Eurozone will be released at 7.45 am GMT, as the ECB Board of Governors takes a decision on interest on major refinancing operations. These operations represent the volume of liquidity in the banking system.
• On the other hand, there are no reports with a strong impact on the US dollar.
Resistance: 1.1382 - 1.1435 - 1.1464
Support: 1.1300 - 1.1269 - 1.1215
The pound hit lows against its major counterparts on Thursday, and remained in the red as the Bank of England warned that "another period of uncertain uncertainty" over Brexit could lead to a drop in inflation and disrupt demand. The MPC kept the benchmark interest rate at 0.75% and the bond portfolio at £ 435 billion. Bank of England maintains interest rate The Bank of England has decided to keep…
- Pound is retreating after Juncker's comments of disagreement and UK inflation data 11:18 am2019-09-18
- Dollar index stabilized against currencies ahead of Fed meeting 01:16 pm2019-09-17
- Dollar rises against major currencies after attacks on Aramco 01:47 pm2019-09-16
- Pound Sterling rises against its major as Britain exits Europe 01:30 pm2019-09-13
- Euro against major falls after European Central Bank rate cut 01:12 pm2019-09-12
- Dollar Rises, Yen and Franc Slump as Risk Appetite Rises 12:17 pm2019-09-11
- pound fell against the major currencies and the expectation of the Brexit 12:59 pm2019-09-10
- pound jumps to a 6-week high after Boris Johnson's remarks 11:41 am2019-09-09
- Dollar traded lower after the release of US jobs data for August 01:17 pm2019-09-06