Gold Technical analysis 17 December 2018
2018-12-16 11:03 pm | Resource: Technical Analysis | No Views : 218
Gold is moving in a bearish direction in the near term.
Gold broke the level of 1241 below forming a technical pattern called a descending triangle where the gold faced heavy selling pressure nearly from the levels of 1250 to drop to the support level of 1234 as we mentioned in the previous report, and touches the main up trend line forming a positive candlestick pattern.
In view of the technical indicators
Both the RSI and the Stochastic are indicating signs of recovery.
Therefore, we expect that the gold will target levels of 1241-1245 and this scenario fails if the 1234 level is broken.
The alternative scenario is that the gold broke the 1234 level below to target the 1229 level.
Buy around the 1234 level targeting 1241 - 1245 with the activation of stop loss in the case of closure below the level of 1234.
Resistance: 1241 - 1245 - 1250
Gold prices fell on Friday as Wall Street rallied on expectations that the United States and China will finally resolve their trade dispute. Investors are also awaiting retail sales and industrial production results to be announced later today. Yesterday, Chinese customs said they would lift restrictions on imports of poultry meat from the United States and become effective immediately. The drop in gold prices came after White House economic adviser…
- Oil prices and Putin says OPEC + help stabilize oil markets 06:48 am2019-11-15
- Oil prices fall on Wednesday on new US-Chinese trade concerns 02:05 pm2019-11-13
- Gold rallied slightly after Trump's comments on interest rates and China 09:35 am2019-11-13
- Oil trades higher as investors await Trump speech on Tuesday 11:12 am2019-11-12
- Gold fell with the rise of the dollar and futures of US stocks 10:00 am2019-11-12
- Gold prices rise due to uncertainty in the China-US trade deal 12:08 pm2019-11-11
- Oil falls after the discovery of Iran's new field contains 53 billion barrels 08:10 am2019-11-11
- Gold prices are rising but heading for a weekly close on the red 09:52 am2019-11-08
- Oil prices fell during the last weekly sessions on Friday 07:48 am2019-11-08