EUR/USD Technical analysis 8 January 2019
2019-01-08 05:11 am | Resource: Technical Analysis | No Views : 341
The EURUSD is moving in a sideway direction in the near term.
The bears managed to control the EURUSD movement to break through the EURUSD resistance level of 1.1410 higher as we expected in the previous report to reach to the 1.1480 levels as it faced resistance and selling pressure around the resistance levels forming a negative candlestick pattern that pushed it downwards.
In view of the technical indicators
Note that the EURUSD touching the upper boundary of the Bollinger Index.
Both the RSI and the Stochastic are indicating to the arrival of indicators to the overbought area and the start of the decline below.
Therefore, we expect that the EURUSD will fall back to the support level of 1.1410 again, which will be down below level of 1.1350 - 1.1340
The alternative scenario is that the EURUSD breached level of 1.1500 to the upside targeting the 1.1550 level.
Sell the EURUSD around the current levels for targeting around level of 1.1410 With the activation of stop loss in the case of the closure of the highest level of 1.1500.
The fundamental overview
• On the economic data level, there is no data or reports with a strong impact on the euro area or on the US dollar.
Resistance: 1.1484 - 1.1500 - 1.1550
Support: 1.1410 - 1.1350 - 1.1300
The pound weakened against major currencies in the European session on Monday, amid renewed uncertainty over Brexit, with officials from the UK and the European Union saying at the weekend that more work was needed to secure the Brexit agreement. After intense talks in Brussels, the EU's chief negotiator, Michel Barnier, said there was still a "big gap" on tariff arrangements. The pound traded in a negative territory against…
- Sterling pound rose against major to its highest in two years 12:28 pm2019-10-11
- Euro rises against major after the release of the ECB minutes 01:15 pm2019-10-10
- British Pound Rises Despite the Contraction of British Economy 09:36 am2019-10-10
- Dollar weakened amid investor focus on trade talks and Brexit 12:04 pm2019-10-09
- British pound falls against major after reports of Brexit talks 10:57 am2019-10-08
- Pound weakened during the beginning of the weekly trading 01:13 pm2019-10-07
- Dollar mixed after US non-farm payrolls and US trade data 01:34 pm2019-10-04
- Pound jumps in conjunction with Johnson offer Brexit deal 01:41 pm2019-10-03
- Sterling fell after Johnson announced his high-level Brexit 01:17 pm2019-10-02