USD/CAD Daily Technical Analysis | 29 January 2018
2018-01-29 09:39 am | Resource: Technical Analysis Section | No Views : 304
The pair is trading in a classical view within a symmetrical triangle pattern on the hourly interval, and the 20 SMA is overlapping with the price action and thus our view is neutral.
RSI 14 is trading in a bullish direction and finally the index is trading above the 50 area indicating that bulls are beginning to outperform the bear.
We expected no change from Friday's expectations due to the absence of significant price movements. Should the pair break against the Canadian currency, the level of 1.2280 could target the pair at 1.2135, on the other hand if the breach of 1.2359 might target the 1.2399 level.
Support: 1.2410 - 1.2328 - 1.2135
Resistance: 1.2238- 1.2135- 1.2061
The dollar rose against the major currencies with the opening of the weekly markets on Monday after attacks by the Houthis on Saudi Aramco, which caused severe damage and raised levels of global concern Trump calls for federal stimulus amid jump in oil prices US President Donald Trump said on Monday that high oil prices and economic data from China point to the need for US stimulus. He blamed…
- Pound Sterling rises against its major as Britain exits Europe 01:30 pm2019-09-13
- Euro against major falls after European Central Bank rate cut 01:12 pm2019-09-12
- Dollar Rises, Yen and Franc Slump as Risk Appetite Rises 12:17 pm2019-09-11
- pound fell against the major currencies and the expectation of the Brexit 12:59 pm2019-09-10
- pound jumps to a 6-week high after Boris Johnson's remarks 11:41 am2019-09-09
- Dollar traded lower after the release of US jobs data for August 01:17 pm2019-09-06
- Pound Sterling rises as Brexit postponed on Wednesday 01:07 pm2019-09-05
- British pound jumps 1 percent before voting on Brexit bill 11:42 am2019-09-04
- Yen, Swiss franc rise and pound weakened amid global tensions 01:15 pm2019-09-03