Gold price divergence with hopes for US-China talks
2018-09-13 11:07 am | Resource: News | No Views : 147
The United States is proposing to hold new trade talks with China later this month in an effort to avoid new charges. US president Donald Trump has threatened to levy tariffs on almost all Chinese imports, or about 467 billion dollars in merchandise, while China plans to ask the World Trade Organization (WTO) to allow sanctions to be imposed on the United States at a meeting next week.
The trade dispute between the United States and China continued to push investors to buy the dollar, leading to a drop in the price of gold, as traders feel that the United States has nothing to lose in the trade war. Gold prices were stuck in the 1,200 dollar range for the past two weeks as investors turned to the attractiveness of the dollar.
Gold is usually located with the rise of the dollar, as it is denominated in American currency and is sensitive to the movements of the dollar. Gold becomes more expensive for other currency holders when the dollar rises and decreases when it falls.
- The US dollar index, which measures the strength of the dollar against a basket of six major currencies, rose by 0.12% to 94.93.
- Futures for gold on the Comex stock exchange for the month of December rose 0.07% to 1.211.70 USD per ounce since 9:08 GMT.
Other metals trading
- Silver futures contracts rose by 0.12% to 14.310 USD per ounce.
- The Platinum Futures Index rose by 0.59% to 804.60 USD while palladium futures rose by 0.12% to 966.20 USD per ounce.
- Copper futures have risen 1.12% to 2.706 USD for pound.
(CURDE OIL - WTI ) Time frame Used - four hours Oil is moving in a bearish direction in the near term. Oil is still facing resistance and selling pressure around the level of 51.77 to retreat under the pressure of selling down as oil fell in the middle of today's trading to fall nearly from the levels of 50 dollar and also we note that oil is facing the…
- Gold Technical analysis 15 January 2019 11:27 pm2019-01-14
- OIL Technical analysis 14 January 2019 11:35 pm2019-01-13
- Gold Technical analysis 14 January 2019 11:18 pm2019-01-13
- OIL Technical analysis 11 January 2019 12:37 am2019-01-11
- Gold Technical analysis 11 January 2019 12:30 am2019-01-11
- OIL Technical analysis 10 January 2019 12:21 am2019-01-10
- Gold Technical analysis 10 January 2019 12:13 am2019-01-10
- OIL Technical analysis 9 January 2019 12:00 am2019-01-09
- Gold Technical analysis 9 January 2019 11:56 pm2019-01-08
Best trading brokers
- The rise of gasoline contracts supports oil to reach its levels in two months 2017-07-28
- Oil prices maintain their highest level in 8 weeks 2017-07-28
- Oil prices rise ahead of US inventory data 2018-08-28
- Oil falls influenced by the International Energy Agency report 2017-08-14
- Brief Market News 2017-07-12
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01