Oil prices rise ahead of weekly closures
2018-09-14 10:24 am | Resource: News | No Views : 131
Oil prices rebounded on Friday from a sharp drop in the previous session and remained on track for strong weekly gains as investors looked to the latest US production scale.
Despite the sharp drop in oil prices on Wednesday, barrels are still on track for weekly gains at 1.8% and 2.0% respectively, as traders continue to assess global supply and demand.
Traders will focus on Friday on the latest data on US crude production from Baker Hughes.
Oil and Iranian sanctions
At the same time, as part of ongoing US efforts to reduce oil prices in the face of November sanctions on Iran's exports, Energy Minister Rick Perry met with his Russian counterpart Alexander Novak in Moscow on Thursday, urging Novak to cooperate as a leader of energy producers to ensure the stability of the world market. He told Novak that both countries are keen to maintain market competitiveness. He met officials from Saudi Arabia earlier in the week. The three countries are the largest oil producers in the world.
Indian refineries will cut their monthly shipments from Iran in September and October by almost half earlier this year as New Delhi is working to win cuts on US oil sanctions Washington plans to impose on Tehran in November.
India's shipments to Iran this month will drop to below 12 million barrels, after purchases from April to August were boosted in anticipation of cuts.
The United States is renewing sanctions against Iran after a withdrawal from a nuclear deal signed in 2015 between Tehran and world powers. Washington has re-imposed some financial sanctions from August 6, while sanctions affecting Iran's oil sector will come into force on Nov. 4.
India, Iran's No. 2 customer behind China's biggest buyer, does not recognize US sanctions again, but winning the waiver of restrictions is a must for New Delhi to protect its broader exposure to the US financial system.
The Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC), Russia and other non-member countries agreed in June to return to 100% compliance with oil production cuts, which began in January 2017, after a shortage of production increased commitment by more than 160%.
Oil prices and energy sources
- Futures for the New York Mercantile Exchange rose 41 cents, or 0.60 percent, to $ 69.00 a barrel by 8:29 GMT.
- Meanwhile, Brent crude, the benchmark for oil prices outside the US, rose 27 cents, or 0.35 percent, to $ 78.45.
- Petrol futures fell 0.13% to $ 1.9960 a gallon by 8:31 GMT.
- While heating oil rose 0.22% to $ 2.2283 per gallon.
- Finally, natural gas futures traded 0.32% to $ 2.808 per million British thermal units.
(CURDE OIL - WTI ) Time frame Used - four hours Oil is moving in a bearish direction in the near term. Oil is still facing resistance and selling pressure around the level of 51.77 to retreat under the pressure of selling down as oil fell in the middle of today's trading to fall nearly from the levels of 50 dollar and also we note that oil is facing the…
- Gold Technical analysis 15 January 2019 11:27 pm2019-01-14
- OIL Technical analysis 14 January 2019 11:35 pm2019-01-13
- Gold Technical analysis 14 January 2019 11:18 pm2019-01-13
- OIL Technical analysis 11 January 2019 12:37 am2019-01-11
- Gold Technical analysis 11 January 2019 12:30 am2019-01-11
- OIL Technical analysis 10 January 2019 12:21 am2019-01-10
- Gold Technical analysis 10 January 2019 12:13 am2019-01-10
- OIL Technical analysis 9 January 2019 12:00 am2019-01-09
- Gold Technical analysis 9 January 2019 11:56 pm2019-01-08
Best trading brokers
- The rise of gasoline contracts supports oil to reach its levels in two months 2017-07-28
- Oil prices maintain their highest level in 8 weeks 2017-07-28
- Oil prices rise ahead of US inventory data 2018-08-28
- Oil falls influenced by the International Energy Agency report 2017-08-14
- Brief Market News 2017-07-12
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01