Oil prices diverge and Iran threatens to veto OPEC
2018-09-20 09:33 am | Resource: News | No Views : 44
Oil prices were mixed on Thursday, while US crude rose for a third consecutive session, helped by weak double-digit inventories, which announced heavy price hikes.
Iran threatens to oppose OPEC's quota system change
Bijan Namdar Zankana, Iran's oil minister, told the press that $ 80 per barrel of Brent crude was "appropriate" and estimated that the price would not rise. He added that the United States and "some" members of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) will prevent further pumping more oil. The minister, who will not attend the cartel meeting and producer representatives headed by Russia in Algiers, said his government would veto any decision that ran counter to its interests.
Iran is facing an obstruction of its crude oil exports when full US sanctions enter into force on Nov. 4. The so-called OPEC Plus initially agreed to compensate for the gaps in production quotas, with Venezuela particularly reducing shipments, but the government in Tehran insists on not covering part of the gap. Some producers violated the terms of the global deal, Zankan claimed and denied the oil bloc had the right to decide on the targets at the summit on September 23.
Oil and other energy contracts
- The WTI rose delivery in November by 0.59% at 10:31 CET, trading at $ 71.19 a barrel.
- While Brent crude for delivery in the month was 0.25% in the green zone for today, at $ 79.6 per barrel.
- New York's New York Mercantile Exchange futures contract rose 26 cents, or 0.37 percent, to $ 71.03 a barrel by 9:06 GMT.
- Gasoline futures rose 0.26% to $ 2.0283 a gallon at 9:13 GMT
- , While heating oil rose 0.39% to $ 2.2554 per gallon.
- Finally, natural gas futures traded 0.24% to $ 2.901 per million British thermal units.
Time frame Used - four hours Oil is moving in a bearish direction in the near term The bears managed to press the oil to retreat below level of 70.46, forming a positive candlestick pattern but it still facing resistance around level of 72.71 In view of the technical indicators Both the RSI and the Stochastic are indicating signs of recovery Accordingly, we expect that the oil will break…
- Gold Technical analysis 16 October 2018 11:41 pm2018-10-15
- OIL Technical analysis 15 October 2018 10:03 pm2018-10-14
- Gold Technical analysis 15 October 2018 10:01 pm2018-10-14
- OIL Technical analysis 12 October 2018 11:46 pm2018-10-11
- Gold Technical analysis 12 October 2018 11:44 pm2018-10-11
- OIL Technical analysis 11 October 2018 05:32 am2018-10-11
- Gold Technical analysis 11 October 2018 05:25 am2018-10-11
- OIL Technical analysis 10 October 2018 05:25 am2018-10-10
- Gold Technical analysis 10 October 2018 05:23 am2018-10-10
Best trading brokers
- The rise of gasoline contracts supports oil to reach its levels in two months 2017-07-28
- Oil prices maintain their highest level in 8 weeks 2017-07-28
- Brief Market News 2017-07-12
- Oil falls influenced by the International Energy Agency report 2017-08-14
- "China National Petroleum": China's energy demand will peak in 2040 2017-08-16
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01
- Bitcoin forces Santa Claus to distribute the worst gifts to its investors on Christmas 10:04 am 2017-12-25
- Forex 09:26 am 2017-12-25
- OmiseGo .. Time for electronic financial exchanges 02:07 pm 2017-11-15