Oil rises due to supply concerns ahead of OPEC meeting and anticipation of Saudi output
2018-09-21 12:27 pm | Resource: News | No Views : 54
Oil prices rose on Friday after falling the previous day as US President Donald Trump urged OPEC to cut crude prices, days before the OPEC meeting in Algeria.
Prices remained buoyed by concerns over supply shortages amid looming US sanctions against Iran's oil industry, which is due to come into effect in November.
Trump on Thursday called on the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) to cut oil prices, saying on Twitter. "We protect the Middle East, they will not be safe for a long time without us, but they continue to push for higher and higher oil prices," Trump wrote on Twitter.
Trump's criticism was directed mainly at Saudi Arabia, OPEC's biggest producer, after the kingdom said it could tolerate oil prices above $ 80, at least in the short term
OPEC and its allies are set to meet on Sunday to discuss how to discuss increased production as the United States imposes sanctions on Iranian exports. But the meeting on Sunday is unlikely to change production policy. Such a move would require OPEC to hold what it calls an "extraordinary meeting," which is not on the agenda.
Oil and other energy contracts
- The Brent global benchmark index for November delivery rose 75 cents, or 0.95 percent, to $ 79.44
- US crude futures rose 0.71 percent to $ 70.81 a barrel.
- Gasoline futures rose 0.89% to $ 2.0324 a gallon.
- While heating oil rose 0.90% to $ 2.2481 per gallon.
- Natural gas futures fell 0.74% to $ 2.954 per million British thermal units.
Time frame Used - four hours Oil is moving in a bearish direction in the near term The bears managed to press the oil to retreat below level of 70.46, forming a positive candlestick pattern but it still facing resistance around level of 72.71 In view of the technical indicators Both the RSI and the Stochastic are indicating signs of recovery Accordingly, we expect that the oil will break…
- Gold Technical analysis 16 October 2018 11:41 pm2018-10-15
- OIL Technical analysis 15 October 2018 10:03 pm2018-10-14
- Gold Technical analysis 15 October 2018 10:01 pm2018-10-14
- OIL Technical analysis 12 October 2018 11:46 pm2018-10-11
- Gold Technical analysis 12 October 2018 11:44 pm2018-10-11
- OIL Technical analysis 11 October 2018 05:32 am2018-10-11
- Gold Technical analysis 11 October 2018 05:25 am2018-10-11
- OIL Technical analysis 10 October 2018 05:25 am2018-10-10
- Gold Technical analysis 10 October 2018 05:23 am2018-10-10
Best trading brokers
- The rise of gasoline contracts supports oil to reach its levels in two months 2017-07-28
- Oil prices maintain their highest level in 8 weeks 2017-07-28
- Brief Market News 2017-07-12
- Oil falls influenced by the International Energy Agency report 2017-08-14
- "China National Petroleum": China's energy demand will peak in 2040 2017-08-16
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01
- Bitcoin forces Santa Claus to distribute the worst gifts to its investors on Christmas 10:04 am 2017-12-25
- Forex 09:26 am 2017-12-25
- OmiseGo .. Time for electronic financial exchanges 02:07 pm 2017-11-15