Gold is falling with a focus on rising dollar prices
2018-10-08 01:14 pm | Resource: News | No Views : 109
Gold futures fell on Monday, leaving the market heading for a third decline in the past four sessions as Treasury yields remained high and the main dollar index rose.
Despite volatile price action in recent sessions, Friday's gains were enough to lift the metal nearly 0.8% last week
Ten-year Treasury yields closed last week near 3.23%, away from last week's highs but still hovering near a multi-year high. US bond markets were closed on Monday for the Columbus Day holiday.
Since precious metals - usually used as a haven for investors - do not provide a return, the commodity is vulnerable to a downturn in a high-rate environment. This climate also tends to raise the dollar, where gold is priced in the first place. The Federal Reserve has already raised interest rates three times in 2018 and is expected to raise benchmark interest rates for the fourth time in December, moves that could drive risk-free Treasury yields higher and reduce the appetite of the yellow metal.
A negative reaction to gold may signal higher returns than competing assets to a turning point, however, as some analysts suggest, which means that eventual fears that rising rates may sink stockpiles or the economy may revive interest in tight assets.
"The strength of the dollar is clearly a key factor in the price of gold, with negative correlation, but with rising Treasury yields, there is an additional fear factor in the market that means gold is getting a degree of safe haven offers too. In Hantec, this may help restrict the sale of gold.
Investors were also watching developments in Europe. The European Union, in a letter on Friday to Italian Economy Minister Giovanni Treya, pointed out that Italy's budget targets were a concern for the trade bloc, posing a potential clash of market turmoil, support for gold.
Time frame Used - four hours Oil is moving in a sideway direction in the near term. Oil is still facing resistance and selling pressure around levels of 52.66 - 54.54. In view of the technical indicators Both the RSI and Stochastic are indicating to weakness of the indicators. Therefore, we expect that the oil will test the level of 50.00 dollar, which by breaking it down will target the…
- Gold Technical analysis 13 December 2018 12:38 am2018-12-13
- OIL Technical analysis 12 December 2018 12:18 am2018-12-12
- Gold Technical analysis 12 December 2018 12:16 am2018-12-12
- OIL Technical analysis 11 December 2018 05:33 am2018-12-11
- Gold Technical analysis 11 December 2018 05:30 am2018-12-11
- OIL Technical analysis 10 December 2018 08:50 pm2018-12-09
- Gold Technical analysis 10 December 2018 08:48 pm2018-12-09
- OIL Technical analysis 5 December 2018 11:20 pm2018-12-04
- Gold Technical analysis 5 December 2018 11:18 pm2018-12-04
Best trading brokers
- The rise of gasoline contracts supports oil to reach its levels in two months 2017-07-28
- Oil prices maintain their highest level in 8 weeks 2017-07-28
- Brief Market News 2017-07-12
- Oil falls influenced by the International Energy Agency report 2017-08-14
- Rising Of Oils Prices and Falling Of Gold Prices 2017-07-03
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01
- Bitcoin forces Santa Claus to distribute the worst gifts to its investors on Christmas 10:04 am 2017-12-25
- Forex 09:26 am 2017-12-25
- OmiseGo .. Time for electronic financial exchanges 02:07 pm 2017-11-15