Gold stabilized near a one-week low due to weak global stocks
2018-10-09 12:04 pm | Resource: News | No Views : 34
Gold futures settled slightly on Tuesday, trying to climb from a low of just over a week ago the previous day.
Gold found momentum in the early hours of trading as major Asian stock markets were hovering at 17-month lows as investors worried about the Chinese economy, especially as the price of trade wars rose, as well as gains in US bond yields over several years Years and the risk of a political crisis. Weakness in Europe.
Gold gains on Tuesday challenged its inverse relationship to the dollar, at least in the short term. The ICE index rose 0.3% to 96.05. This figure remains about 4% higher this year so far, contributing to a nearly 9% decline in gold across the same level.
Since precious metals - usually used as a haven for investors - do not provide a return, the commodity is vulnerable to a downturn in a high-rate environment. This climate also tends to raise the dollar, where gold is priced in the first place.
The Federal Reserve has already raised interest rates three times in 2018 and is expected to raise benchmark interest rates for the fourth time in December, moves that could drive risk-free Treasury yields higher and reduce the appetite of the yellow metal. However, equity markets are also vulnerable to rising bond yields, and any indication that stock markets are in a state of rapid decline could resume interest in gold again.
In industry news, exchange-traded Granity Charles said on Monday it had cut fees on its gold-backed fund, a move some industry participants said was aimed at boosting price competition with competing bids from the World Gold Council and Perth Mint.
Precious metals trading
Time frame Used - four hours Oil is moving in a bearish direction in the near term The bears managed to press the oil to retreat below level of 70.46, forming a positive candlestick pattern but it still facing resistance around level of 72.71 In view of the technical indicators Both the RSI and the Stochastic are indicating signs of recovery Accordingly, we expect that the oil will break…
- Gold Technical analysis 16 October 2018 11:41 pm2018-10-15
- OIL Technical analysis 15 October 2018 10:03 pm2018-10-14
- Gold Technical analysis 15 October 2018 10:01 pm2018-10-14
- OIL Technical analysis 12 October 2018 11:46 pm2018-10-11
- Gold Technical analysis 12 October 2018 11:44 pm2018-10-11
- OIL Technical analysis 11 October 2018 05:32 am2018-10-11
- Gold Technical analysis 11 October 2018 05:25 am2018-10-11
- OIL Technical analysis 10 October 2018 05:25 am2018-10-10
- Gold Technical analysis 10 October 2018 05:23 am2018-10-10
Best trading brokers
- The rise of gasoline contracts supports oil to reach its levels in two months 2017-07-28
- Oil prices maintain their highest level in 8 weeks 2017-07-28
- Brief Market News 2017-07-12
- Oil falls influenced by the International Energy Agency report 2017-08-14
- "China National Petroleum": China's energy demand will peak in 2040 2017-08-16
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01
- Bitcoin forces Santa Claus to distribute the worst gifts to its investors on Christmas 10:04 am 2017-12-25
- Forex 09:26 am 2017-12-25
- OmiseGo .. Time for electronic financial exchanges 02:07 pm 2017-11-15