Oil fell after the IMF report on the global economy and Hurricane Michael
2018-10-10 07:12 am | Resource: News | No Views : 38
Oil prices fell slightly on Wednesday as traders feared that the International Monetary Fund's decision to reduce the global economic outlook for 2018 and 2019 would reduce demand for oil and its products.
In the previous session, oil prices rose amid fears of a hurricane flowing into the oil-rich Gulf Coast of the Gulf. Where about 40 percent of the daily production of crude oil from offshore US ports in the Gulf of Mexico stopped on Tuesday because of the evacuation of two workers and the shutdown of platforms before Hurricane Michael.
Oil producers, including Anadarko Petroleum, BHP Billiton and Chevron, have since Monday evacuated staff from 75 platforms as the storm cuts through the Gulf toward Florida's land. According to forecasts of various air services, Michael could deliver the strongest blow in at least a decade in Panhandle, a 200-mile strip in northwest Florida, home to the country's largest crude oil and natural gas fields. Banhandle has already drawn direct results from Hurricane Ivan in 2004 and Hurricane Dennis in 2005.
In its future World Economic Outlook, the IMF said it now forecasts growth of 3.7 percent, down from the 3.9 percent forecast in July. It was the first reduction since July 2016.
Data from the US Petroleum Institute and the US Energy Information Administration on crude stocks will be delayed by one day this week due to the US President's holiday in Columbus.
Time frame Used - four hours Oil is moving in a bearish direction in the near term The bears managed to press the oil to retreat below level of 70.46, forming a positive candlestick pattern but it still facing resistance around level of 72.71 In view of the technical indicators Both the RSI and the Stochastic are indicating signs of recovery Accordingly, we expect that the oil will break…
- Gold Technical analysis 16 October 2018 11:41 pm2018-10-15
- OIL Technical analysis 15 October 2018 10:03 pm2018-10-14
- Gold Technical analysis 15 October 2018 10:01 pm2018-10-14
- OIL Technical analysis 12 October 2018 11:46 pm2018-10-11
- Gold Technical analysis 12 October 2018 11:44 pm2018-10-11
- OIL Technical analysis 11 October 2018 05:32 am2018-10-11
- Gold Technical analysis 11 October 2018 05:25 am2018-10-11
- OIL Technical analysis 10 October 2018 05:25 am2018-10-10
- Gold Technical analysis 10 October 2018 05:23 am2018-10-10
Best trading brokers
- The rise of gasoline contracts supports oil to reach its levels in two months 2017-07-28
- Oil prices maintain their highest level in 8 weeks 2017-07-28
- Brief Market News 2017-07-12
- Oil falls influenced by the International Energy Agency report 2017-08-14
- "China National Petroleum": China's energy demand will peak in 2040 2017-08-16
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01
- Bitcoin forces Santa Claus to distribute the worst gifts to its investors on Christmas 10:04 am 2017-12-25
- Forex 09:26 am 2017-12-25
- OmiseGo .. Time for electronic financial exchanges 02:07 pm 2017-11-15