Gold prices fall due to rising dollar and bond yields
2018-10-10 12:26 pm | Resource: News | No Views : 129
Gold futures fell on Wednesday as yields on high-yielding bonds rose near their highest level since 2011 and the dollar index was trading slightly higher.
Since precious metals - usually used as a haven for investors - do not provide a return, the commodity is vulnerable to a downturn in a high-rate environment. This climate also tends to raise the dollar, and reduces the attractiveness of US gold to investors using other currencies.
The Federal Reserve has already raised interest rates three times in 2018 and is expected to raise benchmark interest rates for the fourth time in December, as well as continue its gradual upward trend in 2019.
US economic adviser Donald Trump said on Wednesday he hoped the arrangement of trade deals with other countries would help bring China to the negotiating table. Washington recently brokered a trade deal with Mexico and Canada to reform the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) amid the ongoing trade war with Beijing. "China wants to make a deal and I say it's not ready yet," Trump told reporters on Tuesday. "We can not have a one-way street, it must be a two-way street," he said.
The US dollar index was steady around 95.68. This figure remains about 4% higher this year so far, contributing to a nearly 9% decline in gold across the same level.
The 10-year US Treasury yield rose 1.8 basis points to 3.23%.
However, analysts say equity markets are also vulnerable to higher bond yields and any indication of a rapid fall in equity markets could resume interest in gold again.
Time frame Used - four hours Oil is moving in a sideway direction in the near term. Oil is still facing resistance and selling pressure around levels of 52.66 - 54.54. In view of the technical indicators Both the RSI and Stochastic are indicating to weakness of the indicators. Therefore, we expect that the oil will test the level of 50.00 dollar, which by breaking it down will target the…
- Gold Technical analysis 13 December 2018 12:38 am2018-12-13
- OIL Technical analysis 12 December 2018 12:18 am2018-12-12
- Gold Technical analysis 12 December 2018 12:16 am2018-12-12
- OIL Technical analysis 11 December 2018 05:33 am2018-12-11
- Gold Technical analysis 11 December 2018 05:30 am2018-12-11
- OIL Technical analysis 10 December 2018 08:50 pm2018-12-09
- Gold Technical analysis 10 December 2018 08:48 pm2018-12-09
- OIL Technical analysis 5 December 2018 11:20 pm2018-12-04
- Gold Technical analysis 5 December 2018 11:18 pm2018-12-04
Best trading brokers
- The rise of gasoline contracts supports oil to reach its levels in two months 2017-07-28
- Oil prices maintain their highest level in 8 weeks 2017-07-28
- Brief Market News 2017-07-12
- Oil falls influenced by the International Energy Agency report 2017-08-14
- Rising Of Oils Prices and Falling Of Gold Prices 2017-07-03
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01
- Bitcoin forces Santa Claus to distribute the worst gifts to its investors on Christmas 10:04 am 2017-12-25
- Forex 09:26 am 2017-12-25
- OmiseGo .. Time for electronic financial exchanges 02:07 pm 2017-11-15