Oil continues to decline after OPEC Secretary General comments
2018-10-11 10:14 am | Resource: | No Views : 96
Oil prices fell on Thursday after a global stock market crash. Data from the US Petroleum Institute (API) were at the focus as US crude inventories jumped more-than-expected last week.
Oil prices extended losses by 2% from the previous session as shares in China and Japan fell more than 4% on Thursday, after US stocks suffered the worst one-day drop in eight months overnight. The S & P 500 index fell more than 3%, its biggest one-day decline since February.
Barkindo: Many factors affect the oil market
OPEC Secretary-General Mohamed Barkindo said on Thursday there were many non-core factors affecting the oil market outside the control of crude producers. Barkindo, speaking at the Oil and Finance Conference in London, said he wanted to ensure that there was no shortage of crude in the market. Oil prices rose this year on expectations that US sanctions on Tehran would squeeze supplies by cutting shipments to OPEC's third largest producer.
Barkindo added that techniques to reduce emissions from fossil fuels and ultimately eliminate them should be of interest.
On the other hand, OPEC raised its forecast for growth in global demand for oil last month. It now sees oil consumption for 2020 at 101.9 million bpd, up 1.2 million bpd from last year's report. In the long run, oil demand is expected to increase by 14.5 million barrels per day to reach 111.7 million bpd by 2040.
Time frame Used - four hours Oil is moving in a sideway direction in the near term. Oil is still facing resistance and selling pressure around levels of 52.66 - 54.54. In view of the technical indicators Both the RSI and Stochastic are indicating to weakness of the indicators. Therefore, we expect that the oil will test the level of 50.00 dollar, which by breaking it down will target the…
- Gold Technical analysis 13 December 2018 12:38 am2018-12-13
- OIL Technical analysis 12 December 2018 12:18 am2018-12-12
- Gold Technical analysis 12 December 2018 12:16 am2018-12-12
- OIL Technical analysis 11 December 2018 05:33 am2018-12-11
- Gold Technical analysis 11 December 2018 05:30 am2018-12-11
- OIL Technical analysis 10 December 2018 08:50 pm2018-12-09
- Gold Technical analysis 10 December 2018 08:48 pm2018-12-09
- OIL Technical analysis 5 December 2018 11:20 pm2018-12-04
- Gold Technical analysis 5 December 2018 11:18 pm2018-12-04
Best trading brokers
- The rise of gasoline contracts supports oil to reach its levels in two months 2017-07-28
- Oil prices maintain their highest level in 8 weeks 2017-07-28
- Brief Market News 2017-07-12
- Oil falls influenced by the International Energy Agency report 2017-08-14
- Rising Of Oils Prices and Falling Of Gold Prices 2017-07-03
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01
- Bitcoin forces Santa Claus to distribute the worst gifts to its investors on Christmas 10:04 am 2017-12-25
- Forex 09:26 am 2017-12-25
- OmiseGo .. Time for electronic financial exchanges 02:07 pm 2017-11-15