Gold prices over the 1200 with the collapse of the stock market
2018-10-11 12:15 pm | Resource: News | No Views : 34
Gold prices surged more than 1% on Thursday, as countries slumped ahead of a sell-off wave that hit US stocks yesterday and led to a fall in global equity markets. Gold rose above the psychological level of 1,200 with the wave of major declines in the global equity markets supported by concerns about rising bond yields, slowing growth and trade Global tensions boosted demand for safe haven.
The demand for safe haven for precious metal has strengthened amid a sharp drop in global equity markets, as investors shed assets seen as more risky.
US stocks futures
The Dow is expected to drop more than 250 pips at the opening as sales continue
As US stock index futures pointed to a sharp drop in markets on Thursday as global sales continued. Wednesday's rally on Wall Street fell to Asian and European markets as well, after the Dow dropped more than 800 points at closing. Japan's Nikkei 225 fell 4% today, while European stocks opened red in all markets.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average shed 1.07% at the opening or 274 points, and the S & P 500 is expected to lose 0.91%, while the Nasdaq 100 will fall 0.85%.
The euro advanced 0.33% against the dollar at 11:52 CET, buying 1.15594.
US President Donald Trump attributed the fall of the US market to the Fed's tightening policy and continued interest rate hikes this year.
- The dollar index, which measures the dollar's move against a basket of six currencies, fell 0.22% to 95.3020.
- December gold futures rose $ 13.90 or 1.16% to $ 1,207.30 in the New York Mercantile Exchange.
- Silver futures advanced 0.59% to $ 14.41 an ounce
- Platinum traded in January at $ 829.00, up 0.18% during the day.
- Copper fell 1.42% in December to trade at $ 2.741.
Time frame Used - four hours Oil is moving in a bearish direction in the near term The bears managed to press the oil to retreat below level of 70.46, forming a positive candlestick pattern but it still facing resistance around level of 72.71 In view of the technical indicators Both the RSI and the Stochastic are indicating signs of recovery Accordingly, we expect that the oil will break…
- Gold Technical analysis 16 October 2018 11:41 pm2018-10-15
- OIL Technical analysis 15 October 2018 10:03 pm2018-10-14
- Gold Technical analysis 15 October 2018 10:01 pm2018-10-14
- OIL Technical analysis 12 October 2018 11:46 pm2018-10-11
- Gold Technical analysis 12 October 2018 11:44 pm2018-10-11
- OIL Technical analysis 11 October 2018 05:32 am2018-10-11
- Gold Technical analysis 11 October 2018 05:25 am2018-10-11
- OIL Technical analysis 10 October 2018 05:25 am2018-10-10
- Gold Technical analysis 10 October 2018 05:23 am2018-10-10
Best trading brokers
- The rise of gasoline contracts supports oil to reach its levels in two months 2017-07-28
- Oil prices maintain their highest level in 8 weeks 2017-07-28
- Brief Market News 2017-07-12
- Oil falls influenced by the International Energy Agency report 2017-08-14
- "China National Petroleum": China's energy demand will peak in 2040 2017-08-16
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01
- Bitcoin forces Santa Claus to distribute the worst gifts to its investors on Christmas 10:04 am 2017-12-25
- Forex 09:26 am 2017-12-25
- OmiseGo .. Time for electronic financial exchanges 02:07 pm 2017-11-15