The Pound advanced against its major counterparts in Tuesdays
2018-02-13 12:05 pm | Resource: NEWS | No Views : 164
The British pound rose against its major counterparts in the European session on Tuesday, as UK inflation improved more than expected in January, bolstering expectations for a BoE rate hike in May, and the National Bureau of Statistics data showed inflation hit 3 percent In January, compared with 2.9 percent reported by economists, and the rate did not change from the previous month.
Core inflation, which excludes energy, food, alcohol and tobacco, rose by 2.7% to 2.5%. The rate was also above expectations of 2.6%. On a monthly basis, consumer prices fell 0.5% from expectations of a 0.6% decline. Separate data that inflation in British home prices slightly accelerated in December, after falling the previous month.
The housing price index rose 5.2% year-on-year in December, faster than the 5.0% increase in November, which was revised from 5.1% earlier, and the pound fell against its main rivals in the Asian session, excluding the US dollar.
The British pound rose to a 4-day high of 1.3913 against the US dollar, from a low of 1.3832 at 8:15 pm EDT. The Pound is ready to challenge the resistance around 1.43, and after hitting a 4-day low against the Franc at 1.2937 at 3:00 am GMT, the Sterling declined to 1.3012, and the next major resistance is likely to show around the 1.32 area.
After falling to a 6-day low of 0.8897 against the euro at 2:00 am GMT, the pound rebounded at 0.8858, and if the pound rises, 0.86 is the next resistance level, and the pound regained some of its losses against the yen as the pair traded at 149.65. Earlier, the pound traded a 4-day low of 148.98 against the Japanese currency. On the upside, 153.00 may be seen as the next resistance to the pound.
Time frame Used - four hours The USDJPY is moving in a sideway direction in the near term. The USDJPY is still facing resistance and selling pressure around the resistance level of 109.07 trying to breach this level to the upside, but we note that the USD/JPY moves between the upper boundary and the moving average line of the Bollinger indicator. In view of the technical indicators Both the RSI…
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 18 January 2019 11:38 pm2019-01-17
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 18 January 2019 11:34 pm2019-01-17
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 17 January 2019 11:40 pm2019-01-16
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 17 January 2019 11:38 pm2019-01-16
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 17 January 2019 11:36 pm2019-01-16
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 16 January 2019 05:49 am2019-01-16
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 16 January 2019 05:41 am2019-01-16
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 16 January 2019 05:27 am2019-01-16
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 15 January 2019 11:24 pm2019-01-14
Best trading brokers
- Euro zone manufacturing PMI widen in June, EUR /USD Slip’s 2017-07-03
- Bitcoin burglars succeed in stealing 140,000 dollars of encrypted currency 2017-11-07
- commodities Fundamental analysis aaab 2017-08-13
- Chairman Gaincarlo just made the most bullish statements in front of the Congress 2018-02-06
- job growth slowed by much more than anticipated in the month of March 2018-04-06
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01