The Pound advanced against its major counterparts in Tuesdays
2018-02-13 12:05 pm | Resource: NEWS | No Views : 50
The British pound rose against its major counterparts in the European session on Tuesday, as UK inflation improved more than expected in January, bolstering expectations for a BoE rate hike in May, and the National Bureau of Statistics data showed inflation hit 3 percent In January, compared with 2.9 percent reported by economists, and the rate did not change from the previous month.
Core inflation, which excludes energy, food, alcohol and tobacco, rose by 2.7% to 2.5%. The rate was also above expectations of 2.6%. On a monthly basis, consumer prices fell 0.5% from expectations of a 0.6% decline. Separate data that inflation in British home prices slightly accelerated in December, after falling the previous month.
The housing price index rose 5.2% year-on-year in December, faster than the 5.0% increase in November, which was revised from 5.1% earlier, and the pound fell against its main rivals in the Asian session, excluding the US dollar.
The British pound rose to a 4-day high of 1.3913 against the US dollar, from a low of 1.3832 at 8:15 pm EDT. The Pound is ready to challenge the resistance around 1.43, and after hitting a 4-day low against the Franc at 1.2937 at 3:00 am GMT, the Sterling declined to 1.3012, and the next major resistance is likely to show around the 1.32 area.
After falling to a 6-day low of 0.8897 against the euro at 2:00 am GMT, the pound rebounded at 0.8858, and if the pound rises, 0.86 is the next resistance level, and the pound regained some of its losses against the yen as the pair traded at 149.65. Earlier, the pound traded a 4-day low of 148.98 against the Japanese currency. On the upside, 153.00 may be seen as the next resistance to the pound.
Time frame Used - four hours The USD / JPY is moving in a sideway in the near-term The USD / JPY is still facing resistance and selling pressure around 107.93 forming a negative candle pattern And looking at the technical indicators Both the Relative Strength Index (RSI) and the Directional Trend (RSI) are pointing to the start of indicators falling below Accordingly, we expect the USD / JPY…
- GBPUSD Technical analysis | 22 February 2018 12:04 am2018-02-22
- EURUSD Technical analysis | 22 February 2018 12:02 am2018-02-22
- USDJPY Technical analysis | 21 February 2018 12:12 am2018-02-21
- GBPUSD Technical analysis | 21 February 2018 12:08 am2018-02-21
- EURUSD Technical analysis | 21 February 2018 12:04 am2018-02-21
- USD/JPY Daily Technical Analysis | 20 February 2018 12:02 am2018-02-20
- GBP/USD Daily Technical Analysis | 20 February 2018 12:00 am2018-02-20
- EUR/USD Daily Technical Analysis | 20 February 2018 11:57 pm2018-02-19
- USD/JPY Daily Technical Analysis | 19 February 2018 10:17 pm2018-02-18
Best trading brokers
- commodities Fundamental analysis aaab 2017-08-13
- Bitcoin burglars succeed in stealing 140,000 dollars of encrypted currency 2017-11-07
- Chairman Gaincarlo just made the most bullish statements in front of the Congress 2018-02-06
- EUR/USD Forecast What After 1.18? 2017-07-30
- Euro zone manufacturing PMI widen in June, EUR /USD Slip’s 2017-07-03
- "Dogecoin" .. Electronic currency arose as a result of "irony" 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01
- "Bitcoin" forces Santa Claus to distribute the worst gifts to its investors on Christmas 10:04 am 2017-12-25
- Forex 09:26 am 2017-12-25
- OmiseGo .. Time for electronic financial exchanges 02:07 pm 2017-11-15