Dollar rises against major currencies after US employment data
2018-03-09 06:21 pm | Resource: NEWS | No Views : 48
The US dollar traded higher against most of its major rivals in the European session on Friday, following data showing a rapid growth in jobs in the US in February.
Data from the Labor Department showed that non-farm employment rose by 313,000 jobs in February after jumping 239,000 jobs in January, and economists expected employment to rise by 200,000 jobs.
Despite stronger-than-expected job growth, the unemployment rate was 4.1 percent in February. The unemployment rate was expected to fall to 4.0 per cent.
The currency was also based on easing geopolitical concerns amid news that President Donald Trump agreed to hold with North Korean President Kim Jong-un.
In an article on Twitter, Trump said: "Kim Jong-un talked about nuclear disarmament with South Korean representatives, not just a freeze, and North Korea did not test a missile during this period of time." Will remain until an agreement is reached. "
The Dollar was trading against the major currencies on Friday. While rising against the franc and the yen, stabilized against the pound and the euro.
The dollar rebounded to 0.9526 against the Swiss franc, from a low of 0.9495 at 4:30 am ET, and the next potential resistance appears to be around 0.97.
After a brief pause, the dollar rose to 107.05 against the yen, its strongest level since March 1. The Dollar is expected to find resistance around the 109.00 level, and the Bank of Japan kept its monetary stimulus unchanged, as was widely expected.
The dollar rose to a 4-day high of 1.2273 against the euro, compared to the 1.2311 recorded in late New York on Thursday. On the upside, 1.20 is seen as the next resistance level for the USD.
German industrial production fell 0.1% month-on-month in January, dampening expectations of a 0.7% increase. However, the pace of decline was slower than the 0.5 percent decline in December.
On the other hand, the dollar fell to 1.3859 against the pound, after advancing to 1.3788 at 8:30 pm Eastern Time. And the dollar is about to find support around the 1.43 level.
Data from the National Statistics Office showed that the UK trade deficit rose in January, as import growth outpaced export growth.
The dollar slipped from an early high of 0.7776 against the Australian dollar, dropping to 0.7822. Against the New Zealand dollar, and the next support levels are likely to be seen around 0.79 against the Australian dollar and 0.74 against the New Zealand dollar.
The dollar fell to a weekly low of 1.2822 against the Canadian dollar, reversing its early high at 1.2909. We are likely to see the next major support for the dollar around the 1.26 area.
Time frame Used - four hours The USDJPY is moving in a bearish direction in the near term The USDJPY was able to control the USDJPY to retreat to 105.77, trying to consolidate above this level forming a positive candlesticks In view of the technical indicators Both the RSI and the Directional Trend are indicating to the recovery of indicators Accordingly, we expect the USDJPY to test…
- GBPUSD Technical analysis 16 March 2018 07:01 am2018-03-16
- EURUSD Technical analysis 16 March 2018 06:57 am2018-03-16
- USDJPY Technical analysis 15 March 2018 04:58 am2018-03-15
- GBPUSD Technical analysis 15 March 2018 04:49 am2018-03-15
- EURUSD Technical analysis 15 March 2018 04:41 am2018-03-15
- USDJPY Technical analysis 14 March 2018 12:54 am2018-03-14
- GBPUSD Technical analysis 14 March 2018 12:51 am2018-03-14
- EURUSD Technical analysis 14 March 2018 12:49 am2018-03-14
- USDJPY Technical analysis 13 March 2018 12:32 am2018-03-13
Best trading brokers
- commodities Fundamental analysis aaab 2017-08-13
- Bitcoin burglars succeed in stealing 140,000 dollars of encrypted currency 2017-11-07
- Euro zone manufacturing PMI widen in June, EUR /USD Slip’s 2017-07-03
- Chairman Gaincarlo just made the most bullish statements in front of the Congress 2018-02-06
- EUR/USD Forecast What After 1.18? 2017-07-30
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01
- Bitcoin forces Santa Claus to distribute the worst gifts to its investors on Christmas 10:04 am 2017-12-25
- Forex 09:26 am 2017-12-25
- OmiseGo .. Time for electronic financial exchanges 02:07 pm 2017-11-15