US unemployment claims fell last week
2018-04-12 02:30 pm | Resource: NEWS | No Views : 39
First time claims for U.S. unemployment benefits decreased in the week ended April 7th, according to a report released by the Labor Department on Thursday.
The report said initial jobless claims fell to 233,000, a decrease of 9,000 from the previous week's unrevised level of 242,000. Economists had expected jobless claims to drop to 230,000.
Meanwhile, the less volatile four-week moving average rose to 230,000, an increase of 1,750 from the previous week's unrevised average of 228,250.
The Labor Department said claims taking procedures in Puerto Rico and in the Virgin Islands have still not returned to normal.
The report said continuing claims, a reading on the number of people receiving ongoing unemployment assistance, increased by 53,000 to 1.871 million in the week ended March 31st.
The four-week moving average of continuing claims edged down to 1,850,250, a decrease of 1,500 from the previous week's revised average of 1,851,750
EUR/USD failed to break through the 1.2247 zones which we confirmed during yesterday's report and then fell to break the first support of 1.2184 areas on the hourly interval. The EUR/USD pair is trading in a bearish direction in the form supported by the pair breaking the ascending trend line during the trading which began with the beginning of March during the European session. The SMA 20 is currently neutral…
- EUR/USD Technical analysis | 25 April 2018 08:13 am2018-04-25
- USDJPY Technical analysis 24 April 2018 12:22 am2018-04-24
- GBPUSD Technical analysis 24 April 2018 12:20 am2018-04-24
- EURUSD Technical analysis 24 April 2018 12:18 am2018-04-24
- USDJPY Technical analysis 23 April 2018 10:32 pm2018-04-22
- GBPUSD Technical analysis 23 April 2018 10:30 pm2018-04-22
- EURUSD Technical analysis 23 April 2018 10:28 pm2018-04-22
- USDJPY Technical analysis 20 April 2018 04:57 am2018-04-20
- GBPUSD Technical analysis 20 April 2018 04:42 am2018-04-20
Best trading brokers
- commodities Fundamental analysis aaab 2017-08-13
- Bitcoin burglars succeed in stealing 140,000 dollars of encrypted currency 2017-11-07
- Euro zone manufacturing PMI widen in June, EUR /USD Slip’s 2017-07-03
- Chairman Gaincarlo just made the most bullish statements in front of the Congress 2018-02-06
- EUR/USD Forecast What After 1.18? 2017-07-30
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01
- Bitcoin forces Santa Claus to distribute the worst gifts to its investors on Christmas 10:04 am 2017-12-25
- Forex 09:26 am 2017-12-25
- OmiseGo .. Time for electronic financial exchanges 02:07 pm 2017-11-15