The yen rose against its major counterparts in the European session on Monday
2018-04-16 12:22 pm | Resource: NEWS | No Views : 27
The Japanese yen drifted higher against its major counterparts in the Asian session on Monday, as approval ratings for Japan Prime Minister Shinzo Abe nosedived in the wake of cronyism scandal and protesters called for his resignation.
Survey by Nippon TV published on Sunday showed that the support for Abe fell to a record low of 26.7 percent.
A poll published by the Asahi newspaper Monday showed the Cabinet's approval rate was just 31 percent, while the ratio of voters who disapprove the LDP presidency rose to 52 percent from 48 percent.
Thousand of protesters, who gathered in front of the Japanese diet, called for his resignation over the weekend.
Asian stock markets are mostly lower amid cautious trades with the weak cues from Wall Street on Friday and geopolitical tensions following the U.S.-led strikes on Syria dampening investor sentiment.
Russian President Vladimir Putin warned on Sunday that further Western attacks on Syria would result in world chaos, as Washington prepared to impose new sanctions against Russia to punish it for enabling the Syrian government's use of chemical weapons in its civil war.
The yen climbed to 4-day highs of 111.24 against the Swiss franc, 107.13 against the greenback and 132.12 against the euro, reversing from its early lows of 111.71, 107.61 and 132.65, respectively. The yen is seen finding resistance around 110.5 against the franc, 106.00 against the greenback and 131.00 against the euro.
The yen reversed from its early lows of 85.38 against the loonie and 79.12 against the kiwi, rising to 4-day highs of 84.90 and 78.71, respectively. The next possible resistance for the yen is seen around 83.00 against the loonie and 76.00 against the kiwi.
The yen advanced to 152.66 against the pound and 83.11 against the aussie, coming off from its previous lows of 153.33 and 83.65, respectively. If the yen rises further, 151.00 and 82.00 are possibly seen as its next resistance levels against the pound and the aussie, respectively.
EUR/USD failed to break through the 1.2247 zones which we confirmed during yesterday's report and then fell to break the first support of 1.2184 areas on the hourly interval. The EUR/USD pair is trading in a bearish direction in the form supported by the pair breaking the ascending trend line during the trading which began with the beginning of March during the European session. The SMA 20 is currently neutral…
- EUR/USD Technical analysis | 25 April 2018 08:13 am2018-04-25
- USDJPY Technical analysis 24 April 2018 12:22 am2018-04-24
- GBPUSD Technical analysis 24 April 2018 12:20 am2018-04-24
- EURUSD Technical analysis 24 April 2018 12:18 am2018-04-24
- USDJPY Technical analysis 23 April 2018 10:32 pm2018-04-22
- GBPUSD Technical analysis 23 April 2018 10:30 pm2018-04-22
- EURUSD Technical analysis 23 April 2018 10:28 pm2018-04-22
- USDJPY Technical analysis 20 April 2018 04:57 am2018-04-20
- GBPUSD Technical analysis 20 April 2018 04:42 am2018-04-20
Best trading brokers
- commodities Fundamental analysis aaab 2017-08-13
- Bitcoin burglars succeed in stealing 140,000 dollars of encrypted currency 2017-11-07
- Euro zone manufacturing PMI widen in June, EUR /USD Slip’s 2017-07-03
- Chairman Gaincarlo just made the most bullish statements in front of the Congress 2018-02-06
- EUR/USD Forecast What After 1.18? 2017-07-30
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01
- Bitcoin forces Santa Claus to distribute the worst gifts to its investors on Christmas 10:04 am 2017-12-25
- Forex 09:26 am 2017-12-25
- OmiseGo .. Time for electronic financial exchanges 02:07 pm 2017-11-15