Retail sales in the US increased in the month of April
2018-05-15 01:43 pm | Resource: NEWS | No Views : 115
Retail sales in the U.S. increased in line with economist estimates in the month of April, according to a report released by the Commerce Department on Tuesday.
The Commerce Department said retail sales rose by 0.3 percent in April after climbing by an upwardly revised 0.8 percent in March.
Economists had expected sales to rise by 0.3 percent compared to the 0.6 percent increase originally reported for the previous month.
The slowdown in the pace of retail sales growth came as sales by motor vehicle and parts dealers inched up by just 0.1 percent in April and spiking by 2.1 percent in March.
Excluding the modest increase in auto sales, retail sales still rose by 0.3 percent in April following an upwardly revised 0.4 percent increase in March.
Ex-auto sales have been expected to climb by 0.5 percent compared to the 0.2 percent uptick originally reported for the previous month.
Notable increases in sales by clothing and accessories stores, furniture and home furnishings stores and gas stations were partly offset by decreases in sales by health and personal care stores and food service and drinking places.
Closely watched core retail sales, which exclude automobiles, gasoline, building materials and food services, rose by 0.4 percent in April after climbing by an upwardly revised 0.5 percent in March.
"That suggests after a weak start to the year, consumption growth has rebounded in recent months," said Michael Pearce, Senior U.S. Economist at Capital Economics.
He added, "That's exactly what we'd expect to see given the tax cuts began to boost disposable incomes in February and consumer confidence remains high."
Compared to the same month a year ago, retail sales were up by 4.7 percent in April versus the 4.9 percent year-over-year increase in March.
Time frame Used - four hours The USDJPY is moving in a sideway direction in the near term. The USDJPY is still facing resistance and selling pressure around the resistance level of 108.55 and is still suffering from signs of weakness and low volatility for the USD/JPY pair despite its consolidation above the 106.80 level , and the USD/JPY is unable to surpass the Bollinger's moving average line. In view…
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 15 January 2019 11:21 pm2019-01-14
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 15 January 2019 11:18 pm2019-01-14
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 14 January 2019 11:07 pm2019-01-13
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 14 January 2019 10:49 pm2019-01-13
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 14 January 2019 10:25 pm2019-01-13
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 11 January 2019 12:22 am2019-01-11
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 11 January 2019 11:45 pm2019-01-10
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 11 January 2019 11:21 pm2019-01-10
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 10 January 2019 12:08 am2019-01-10
Best trading brokers
- Euro zone manufacturing PMI widen in June, EUR /USD Slip’s 2017-07-03
- Bitcoin burglars succeed in stealing 140,000 dollars of encrypted currency 2017-11-07
- commodities Fundamental analysis aaab 2017-08-13
- Chairman Gaincarlo just made the most bullish statements in front of the Congress 2018-02-06
- job growth slowed by much more than anticipated in the month of March 2018-04-06
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01