An increase in US jobless claims for the second week
2018-05-24 01:42 pm | Resource: NEWS | No Views : 124
The Department of Labor released a report on Thursday showing a weekly increase for the second consecutive week, in claims for the first time to receive unemployment benefits in the United States,
Initial jobless claims rose to 234,000 during the week ending May 19, up 11,000 from last week's 223,000, the Labor Department said.
The surge came as a surprise to economists, who expected jobless claims to fall to 220,000 from 222,000 in the previous week.
The moving average for less than four weeks rose to 219,750, an increase of 6250 compared to the previous week's average of 213,500.
The four-week moving average rebounded from its lowest level since December 1969 the previous week, and the Ministry of Labor noted that action in Puerto Rico and in the Virgin Islands has not yet returned to normal.
Continuous claims, a reading of the number of people receiving ongoing unemployment assistance, also rose by 29,000 to 1.741 million in the week ending May 12, the report said.
Meanwhile, the four-week moving average for ongoing claims fell to a 44-year low of 1,751,750, down 23,250 from the previous week's 1,775,000.
On Friday, the Labor Department is due to release its monthly report on the most closely watched work for May.
Time frame Used - four hours The USDJPY is moving in a sideway direction in the near term. The USDJPY is still facing resistance and selling pressure around the resistance level of 109.07 trying to breach this level to the upside, but we note that the USD/JPY moves between the upper boundary and the moving average line of the Bollinger indicator. In view of the technical indicators Both the RSI…
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 18 January 2019 11:38 pm2019-01-17
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 18 January 2019 11:34 pm2019-01-17
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 17 January 2019 11:40 pm2019-01-16
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 17 January 2019 11:38 pm2019-01-16
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 17 January 2019 11:36 pm2019-01-16
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 16 January 2019 05:49 am2019-01-16
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 16 January 2019 05:41 am2019-01-16
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 16 January 2019 05:27 am2019-01-16
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 15 January 2019 11:24 pm2019-01-14
Best trading brokers
- Euro zone manufacturing PMI widen in June, EUR /USD Slip’s 2017-07-03
- Bitcoin burglars succeed in stealing 140,000 dollars of encrypted currency 2017-11-07
- commodities Fundamental analysis aaab 2017-08-13
- Chairman Gaincarlo just made the most bullish statements in front of the Congress 2018-02-06
- job growth slowed by much more than anticipated in the month of March 2018-04-06
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01