An increase in US jobless claims for the second week
2018-05-24 01:42 pm | Resource: NEWS | No Views : 93
The Department of Labor released a report on Thursday showing a weekly increase for the second consecutive week, in claims for the first time to receive unemployment benefits in the United States,
Initial jobless claims rose to 234,000 during the week ending May 19, up 11,000 from last week's 223,000, the Labor Department said.
The surge came as a surprise to economists, who expected jobless claims to fall to 220,000 from 222,000 in the previous week.
The moving average for less than four weeks rose to 219,750, an increase of 6250 compared to the previous week's average of 213,500.
The four-week moving average rebounded from its lowest level since December 1969 the previous week, and the Ministry of Labor noted that action in Puerto Rico and in the Virgin Islands has not yet returned to normal.
Continuous claims, a reading of the number of people receiving ongoing unemployment assistance, also rose by 29,000 to 1.741 million in the week ending May 12, the report said.
Meanwhile, the four-week moving average for ongoing claims fell to a 44-year low of 1,751,750, down 23,250 from the previous week's 1,775,000.
On Friday, the Labor Department is due to release its monthly report on the most closely watched work for May.
Time frame Used - four hours The USDJPY is moving in a bearish direction in the near term The USDJPY managed to control movement of the USDJPY to breach the support level of 112.55 down to reach to level of 112.02, trying to consolidate above this level Forming a positive candlestick pattern In view of the technical indicators Both the RSI and the Stochastic are indicating to the arrival…
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 15 October 2018 09:56 pm2018-10-14
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 15 October 2018 09:54 pm2018-10-14
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 12 October 2018 11:42 pm2018-10-11
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 12 October 2018 11:40 pm2018-10-11
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 12 October 2018 11:38 pm2018-10-11
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 11 October 2018 05:20 am2018-10-11
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 11 October 2018 05:12 am2018-10-11
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 11 October 2018 05:05 am2018-10-11
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 10 October 2018 05:21 am2018-10-10
Best trading brokers
- Euro zone manufacturing PMI widen in June, EUR /USD Slip’s 2017-07-03
- commodities Fundamental analysis aaab 2017-08-13
- Bitcoin burglars succeed in stealing 140,000 dollars of encrypted currency 2017-11-07
- job growth slowed by much more than anticipated in the month of March 2018-04-06
- Chairman Gaincarlo just made the most bullish statements in front of the Congress 2018-02-06
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01
- Bitcoin forces Santa Claus to distribute the worst gifts to its investors on Christmas 10:04 am 2017-12-25
- Forex 09:26 am 2017-12-25
- OmiseGo .. Time for electronic financial exchanges 02:07 pm 2017-11-15