Inflation in the UK stabilized at its highest level in more than a year in May
2018-06-13 02:01 pm | Resource: NEWS | No Views : 122
Inflation in the United Kingdom remained steady at a one-year high in May on fuel prices, data from the National Bureau of Statistics showed on Wednesday.
Inflation in consumer prices stabilized at 2.4%, the lowest level since March 2017, and in line with expectations, and on a monthly basis, consumer prices rose 0.4% in May, to match economists' expectations.
Core inflation, which excludes energy, food, alcohol and tobacco, remained steady at 2.1 percent in May. "The recent steep rises in the cost of crude oil have fed consumer prices," said Mike Hardy, head of inflation.
Air and ferry prices have also contributed to the overall increase in inflation due to Easter time, the office official said.
"However, these effects have been partly compensated by the fall in computer game prices and energy costs that have risen less than this time last year," Hardy said.
Soren Thierrow, head of economics at the British Chamber of Commerce, said that with inflation unchanged and a number of other economic indicators pointing to a weak economy, the prospects for a rate hike in August seem far more distant.
Another report from the National Statistics Office showed that production inflation has been positive since July 2016, but this was the first time the rate has risen since November 2017.
Inflation in production prices rose to 2.9 per cent a year in May, as expected, from 2.5 per cent. On a monthly basis, prices rose by a steady 0.4%, while economists forecast a rise of 0.3%.
At the same time, input price inflation accelerated more than expected to 9.2 percent in May from 5.6 percent a month earlier. Prices were expected to rise moderately by 7.6 percent.
Similarly, monthly inflation rose to 2.8 per cent from 0.6 per cent, above the projected 1.8 per cent increase
Time frame Used - four hours The USDJPY is moving in a sideway direction in the near term. The USDJPY is still facing resistance and selling pressure around the resistance level of 109.07 trying to breach this level to the upside, but we note that the USD/JPY moves between the upper boundary and the moving average line of the Bollinger indicator. In view of the technical indicators Both the RSI…
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 18 January 2019 11:38 pm2019-01-17
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 18 January 2019 11:34 pm2019-01-17
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 17 January 2019 11:40 pm2019-01-16
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 17 January 2019 11:38 pm2019-01-16
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 17 January 2019 11:36 pm2019-01-16
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 16 January 2019 05:49 am2019-01-16
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 16 January 2019 05:41 am2019-01-16
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 16 January 2019 05:27 am2019-01-16
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 15 January 2019 11:24 pm2019-01-14
Best trading brokers
- Euro zone manufacturing PMI widen in June, EUR /USD Slip’s 2017-07-03
- Bitcoin burglars succeed in stealing 140,000 dollars of encrypted currency 2017-11-07
- commodities Fundamental analysis aaab 2017-08-13
- Chairman Gaincarlo just made the most bullish statements in front of the Congress 2018-02-06
- job growth slowed by much more than anticipated in the month of March 2018-04-06
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01