A larger than expected increase in US producer prices in May
2018-06-13 02:13 pm | Resource: NEWS | No Views : 160
The Labor Department released a report on Wednesday showing a larger-than-expected increase in US producer prices in May.
The Labor Department said the PPI for final demand rose 0.5 percent in May after falling 0.1 percent in April. Economists had expected producer prices to rise by 0.3 percent.
The larger-than-expected rise in producer prices was primarily due to higher energy prices, which rose 4.6 percent in May after a 0.1 percent increase in April.
The report noted that the 1.0 per cent jump in the index for final-order goods was due to a 9.8 per cent rise in gasoline prices.
Excluding food and energy prices, core producer prices rose 0.3 percent in May after rising by 0.2 percent in April. Core prices were expected to show another 0.2% increase.
Core price growth was stronger than expected while service prices rose for the fifth month in a row, rising 0.3% in May after rising 0.1% in April.
The prices of final trade services rose by 0.9 per cent, and the prices of final transport and demand services increased by 0.7 per cent.
At the same time, the Labor Department said that the index of final services for demand is lower than trade, transport and storage has not changed. The report said that the annual rate of producer price growth accelerated to 3.1 percent in May from 2.6 percent in April, to reach a high level in more From six years.
The annual growth rate of basic product prices rose to 2.6% in May from 2.5% in the previous month.
"The rebound in producer price inflation in May supports our view that core inflation in consumer prices will rise during the rest of this year," said Michael Pierce, chief US economist at Capital Economics.
"It will keep the pressure on the Federal Reserve to keep rates up once a quarter in the next year or so."
Time frame Used - four hours The USDJPY is moving in a sideway direction in the near term. The USDJPY is still facing resistance and selling pressure around the resistance level of 109.07 trying to breach this level to the upside, but we note that the USD/JPY moves between the upper boundary and the moving average line of the Bollinger indicator. In view of the technical indicators Both the RSI…
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 18 January 2019 11:38 pm2019-01-17
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 18 January 2019 11:34 pm2019-01-17
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 17 January 2019 11:40 pm2019-01-16
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 17 January 2019 11:38 pm2019-01-16
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 17 January 2019 11:36 pm2019-01-16
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 16 January 2019 05:49 am2019-01-16
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 16 January 2019 05:41 am2019-01-16
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 16 January 2019 05:27 am2019-01-16
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 15 January 2019 11:24 pm2019-01-14
Best trading brokers
- Bitcoin burglars succeed in stealing 140,000 dollars of encrypted currency 2017-11-07
- Euro zone manufacturing PMI widen in June, EUR /USD Slip’s 2017-07-03
- commodities Fundamental analysis aaab 2017-08-13
- Chairman Gaincarlo just made the most bullish statements in front of the Congress 2018-02-06
- job growth slowed by much more than anticipated in the month of March 2018-04-06
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01