The US dollar fell against its main rivals in the European session on Monday
2018-07-09 11:17 am | Resource: NEWS | No Views : 67
The US dollar fell against its main rivals in the European session on Monday as the US jobs report showed less-than-expected wage growth in June, reducing expectations for a fourth-rate hike this year.
Although job growth in the US rose more-than-expected in June, wage growth slowed, helping to reduce the likelihood of the Federal Reserve raising interest rates in September.
The data showed that wage growth in the US rose 0.2% in June, down from expectations of 0.3%.
Investors have absorbed continuing trade tensions between the United States and China, with the two countries imposing customs tariffs on goods worth $ 3.4 billion on each other.
With today's economic calendar light, investors are waiting for US producer prices, consumer prices and consumer confidence this week for more direction.
The dollar fell near a two-week low of 0.9858 against the franc, from a high of 0.9903 at 6:00 pm Eastern time. The dollar is likely to find support around the 0.97 level.
The dollar fell to a four-week low of 1.1781 against the euro and 1.3363 against the pound, dropping from a previous high of 1.1740 and 1.3285 respectively. Should the dollar fall further, it could find support around 1.19 versus the euro and 1.35 against the pound.
The greenback weakened close to a two week low of 0.6850 against the New Zealand dollar and near its 4-week low of 1.3069 against the Canadian dollar and remained steady thereafter. At the close last week, the US currency was 0.6838 against the Kiwi and 1.3089 against the Canadian dollar.
The US currency fell to 0.7481 against the Australian dollar, the weakest since June 15. On the downside, 0.76 is likely to be seen as the next support level for the USD.
On the other hand, the US dollar recovered from a 4-day low of 110.35 against the yen and remained steady thereafter. The pair closed on Friday at 110.45.
EN Time frame Used - four hours The USDJPY is moving in a bullish direction in the near term The USDJPY is still facing resistance and selling pressure around the 112.85 level to retreat below level of 112.45 In view of the technical indicators Both the RSI and the Stochastic are indicating that indicators are beginning to fall below Accordingly, we expect that the USDJPY will fall to levels…
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 24 September 2018 10:18 pm2018-09-23
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 24 September 2018 10:16 pm2018-09-23
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 21 September 2018 11:07 pm2018-09-20
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 21 September 2018 11:04 pm2018-09-20
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 21 September 2018 11:02 pm2018-09-20
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 20 September 2018 11:07 pm2018-09-19
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 20 September 2018 11:04 pm2018-09-19
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 20 September 2018 11:03 pm2018-09-19
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 19 September 2018 11:17 pm2018-09-18
Best trading brokers
- Euro zone manufacturing PMI widen in June, EUR /USD Slip’s 2017-07-03
- commodities Fundamental analysis aaab 2017-08-13
- Bitcoin burglars succeed in stealing 140,000 dollars of encrypted currency 2017-11-07
- job growth slowed by much more than anticipated in the month of March 2018-04-06
- Chairman Gaincarlo just made the most bullish statements in front of the Congress 2018-02-06
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01
- Bitcoin forces Santa Claus to distribute the worst gifts to its investors on Christmas 10:04 am 2017-12-25
- Forex 09:26 am 2017-12-25
- OmiseGo .. Time for electronic financial exchanges 02:07 pm 2017-11-15