High GDP on a monthly basis in May
2018-07-10 02:44 pm | Resource: NEWS | No Views : 30
British economic growth gained momentum in May, after it stopped earlier this year, adding fuel to expectations that the Bank of England will raise interest rates in August.
Gross domestic product rose 0.3 percent on a monthly basis in May after a 0.2 percent increase in April and a steady reading in March, the first monthly estimate from the National Bureau of Statistics on Tuesday.
Services have largely led to monthly growth as retailers enjoyed a combination of warm weather and a royal wedding. In May, services grew by 0.3 percent.
The most reliable comparison for 3 months, GDP rose by 0.2 percent in the quarter to May after steady results in the three months to April.
"Our first new GDP estimate shows a mixed picture of the UK economy with modest growth driven by the services sector, offset in part by the decline in construction and industrial production," said Rob Kent Smith, head of national accounts at the National Bureau of Statistics. .
"Retail performance, computer programming and legal services all performed strongly in the three months to May, while contracting both home construction and manufacturing."
Construction has seen a return to growth after two weeks of weakness, said Andrew Wesart, an economist at Capital Economics. The economy may outperform the BoE's forecast, given the strong purchasing managers in June.
"Assuming that political developments do not cause economic expectations to deteriorate, we still expect the MPC to raise interest rates next month," he said.
Separate figures from the National Bureau of Statistics showed on Tuesday that industrial production fell for the third consecutive month in May, defying economists' expectations for an increase.
Industrial production fell 0.4 percent on a month-on-month basis in May, below the 1.0 percent decline in April. Economists, on the other hand, forecast a 0.5 percent increase.
Industrial production rose 0.4 percent in May, after falling for three months. However, growth was lower than expected 0.8 percent.
Another report from the statistical office showed that construction production rebounded strongly by 2.9 per cent per month in May against an expected 0.3 per cent rise.
Compared to last year, construction production rose 1.6 percent in May, in contrast to a 1.2 percent fall in April.
Time frame Used - four hours The USDJPY is moving in a sideway direction in the near term The USDJPY still faces resistance around the 112.90 level In view of the technical indicators Both the RSI and the Stochastic are indicating to the arrival of indicators in the overbought area Accordingly, we expect that the USDJPY will retreat to 112.19 The alternative scenario is that the USDJPY breach…
- GBPUSD Technical analysis 19 July 2018 11:02 pm2018-07-18
- EURUSD Technical analysis 19 July 2018 11:00 pm2018-07-18
- GBPJPY Technical analysis 18 July 2018 11:08 am2018-07-18
- USDJPY Technical analysis 18 July 2018 11:28 pm2018-07-17
- GBPUSD Technical analysis 18 July 2018 11:26 pm2018-07-17
- EURUSD Technical analysis 18 July 2018 11:23 pm2018-07-17
- USDJPY Technical analysis 17 July 2018 11:59 pm2018-07-16
- GBPUSD Technical analysis 17 July 2018 11:50 pm2018-07-16
- EURUSD Technical analysis 17 July 2018 11:47 pm2018-07-16
Best trading brokers
- commodities Fundamental analysis aaab 2017-08-13
- Euro zone manufacturing PMI widen in June, EUR /USD Slip’s 2017-07-03
- Bitcoin burglars succeed in stealing 140,000 dollars of encrypted currency 2017-11-07
- job growth slowed by much more than anticipated in the month of March 2018-04-06
- Chairman Gaincarlo just made the most bullish statements in front of the Congress 2018-02-06
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01
- Bitcoin forces Santa Claus to distribute the worst gifts to its investors on Christmas 10:04 am 2017-12-25
- Forex 09:26 am 2017-12-25
- OmiseGo .. Time for electronic financial exchanges 02:07 pm 2017-11-15