Japans main machinery orders fell by 3.7 percent on a monthly basis in May
2018-07-11 07:48 am | Resource: NEWS | No Views : 69
The headline figure exceeded expectations for a 4.9 percent drop after a 10.1 percent rise in April.
Year-on-year, mechanical orders rose 16.5 per cent - and again exceeded expectations by 10.9 per cent after the jump of 9.6 per cent the previous month.
The total value of machine orders received by 280 manufacturers in Japan increased by 3.2 percent on a monthly basis and 15.4 percent year-on-year in May at 2,587.5 billion yen.
Manufacturing orders rose 1.3 per cent on a monthly basis and 26.2 per cent year-on-year to 453.8 billion yen, while non-industrial orders rose 0.2 per cent on a monthly basis and 8.4 per cent year-on-year to 478.7 billion yen.
Government orders rose 6.1 per cent on a monthly basis and 36.4 per cent year-on-year to 274 billion yen, while overseas orders jumped 1.8 per cent on a monthly basis and 11.6 per cent year-on-year to 1,051.2 billion yen, Through the agencies by 5.5 per cent per month and 7.3 per cent year on year to 137.5 billion yen.
For the second quarter of 2018, core machinery orders are expected to rise 7.1 percent year-on-year and 7.9 percent year-on-year to 2806.8 billion yen.
Also on Wednesday, the Bank of Japan said Japan's producer prices rose 0.2% month-on-month in June, in line with expectations and fell from 0.6% in May.
Year on year, producer prices rose 2.8 percent - again matching estimates and rising from 2.7 percent the previous month.
Export prices rose 0.1 percent on a monthly basis and 3.5 percent year-on-year in June, the bank said, while import prices rose 1.8 percent per month and 10.5 percent year-on-year
EN Time frame Used - four hours The USDJPY is moving in a bullish direction in the near term The USDJPY is still facing resistance and selling pressure around the 112.85 level to retreat below level of 112.45 In view of the technical indicators Both the RSI and the Stochastic are indicating that indicators are beginning to fall below Accordingly, we expect that the USDJPY will fall to levels…
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 24 September 2018 10:18 pm2018-09-23
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 24 September 2018 10:16 pm2018-09-23
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 21 September 2018 11:07 pm2018-09-20
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 21 September 2018 11:04 pm2018-09-20
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 21 September 2018 11:02 pm2018-09-20
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 20 September 2018 11:07 pm2018-09-19
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 20 September 2018 11:04 pm2018-09-19
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 20 September 2018 11:03 pm2018-09-19
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 19 September 2018 11:17 pm2018-09-18
Best trading brokers
- Euro zone manufacturing PMI widen in June, EUR /USD Slip’s 2017-07-03
- commodities Fundamental analysis aaab 2017-08-13
- Bitcoin burglars succeed in stealing 140,000 dollars of encrypted currency 2017-11-07
- job growth slowed by much more than anticipated in the month of March 2018-04-06
- Chairman Gaincarlo just made the most bullish statements in front of the Congress 2018-02-06
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01
- Bitcoin forces Santa Claus to distribute the worst gifts to its investors on Christmas 10:04 am 2017-12-25
- Forex 09:26 am 2017-12-25
- OmiseGo .. Time for electronic financial exchanges 02:07 pm 2017-11-15