Japans main machinery orders fell by 3.7 percent on a monthly basis in May
2018-07-11 07:48 am | Resource: NEWS | No Views : 99
The headline figure exceeded expectations for a 4.9 percent drop after a 10.1 percent rise in April.
Year-on-year, mechanical orders rose 16.5 per cent - and again exceeded expectations by 10.9 per cent after the jump of 9.6 per cent the previous month.
The total value of machine orders received by 280 manufacturers in Japan increased by 3.2 percent on a monthly basis and 15.4 percent year-on-year in May at 2,587.5 billion yen.
Manufacturing orders rose 1.3 per cent on a monthly basis and 26.2 per cent year-on-year to 453.8 billion yen, while non-industrial orders rose 0.2 per cent on a monthly basis and 8.4 per cent year-on-year to 478.7 billion yen.
Government orders rose 6.1 per cent on a monthly basis and 36.4 per cent year-on-year to 274 billion yen, while overseas orders jumped 1.8 per cent on a monthly basis and 11.6 per cent year-on-year to 1,051.2 billion yen, Through the agencies by 5.5 per cent per month and 7.3 per cent year on year to 137.5 billion yen.
For the second quarter of 2018, core machinery orders are expected to rise 7.1 percent year-on-year and 7.9 percent year-on-year to 2806.8 billion yen.
Also on Wednesday, the Bank of Japan said Japan's producer prices rose 0.2% month-on-month in June, in line with expectations and fell from 0.6% in May.
Year on year, producer prices rose 2.8 percent - again matching estimates and rising from 2.7 percent the previous month.
Export prices rose 0.1 percent on a monthly basis and 3.5 percent year-on-year in June, the bank said, while import prices rose 1.8 percent per month and 10.5 percent year-on-year
Time frame Used - four hours The USDJPY is moving in a sideway direction in the near term. The USDJPY is still facing resistance and selling pressure around the resistance level of 108.55 and is still suffering from signs of weakness and low volatility for the USD/JPY pair despite its consolidation above the 106.80 level , and the USD/JPY is unable to surpass the Bollinger's moving average line. In view…
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 15 January 2019 11:21 pm2019-01-14
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 15 January 2019 11:18 pm2019-01-14
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 14 January 2019 11:07 pm2019-01-13
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 14 January 2019 10:49 pm2019-01-13
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 14 January 2019 10:25 pm2019-01-13
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 11 January 2019 12:22 am2019-01-11
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 11 January 2019 11:45 pm2019-01-10
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 11 January 2019 11:21 pm2019-01-10
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 10 January 2019 12:08 am2019-01-10
Best trading brokers
- Euro zone manufacturing PMI widen in June, EUR /USD Slip’s 2017-07-03
- Bitcoin burglars succeed in stealing 140,000 dollars of encrypted currency 2017-11-07
- commodities Fundamental analysis aaab 2017-08-13
- Chairman Gaincarlo just made the most bullish statements in front of the Congress 2018-02-06
- job growth slowed by much more than anticipated in the month of March 2018-04-06
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01