The New Zealand dollar slipped against its major counterparts on Thursday
2018-08-09 11:04 am | Resource: NEWS | No Views : 27
The New Zealand dollar slipped against its major counterparts in the Asian session on Thursday as the Reserve Bank of New Zealand maintained its official monetary rate at a record low of 1.75% and indicated that it would continue its expansionist policy stance for a long time.
The decision was in line with expectations after a 0.25% cut in November 2016.
The central bank has cut 0.50 per cent of the benchmark in the last 18 months, reducing the rate in six of the last 18 meetings after six consecutive sessions without any change.
Reserve Bank of New Zealand Governor Adrian Orr said global economic growth is expected to continue to support domestic demand.
The kiwi dropped to 1.7440 against the euro, a level not seen since November 2017. Kiwi is likely to challenge the support level around the 1.77 level.
The kiwi dropped to a 9-month low of 1.1174 against the Australian dollar, from a high of 1.1011 at 5:00 Eastern Time. If the kiwi drops further, 1.13 is likely to be seen as the next support level.
Kiwi weakened to a two-and-a-half year low of 0.6652 against the US dollar, reversing from a high of 0.6747 at 5:00 pm Eastern Time. On the downside, 0.65 is likely to be seen as the next support level for the kiwi.
The kiwi fell to 73.86 against the yen, heading towards a 21 month low at 73.82 at 9:15 pm Eastern Time. The upcoming support for the pair is seen around 72.5.
Bank of Japan data showed that Japanese M2 shares rose 3.0% yoy in July to 1,007.5 trillion yen.
That was shy of expectations of an increase of 3.1%, which is unchanged from the June reading.
Looking ahead, at 8:15 pm Eastern Time, Canadian housing is set for July for release.
In New York session, Canadian New Home Price Index for June, US Weekly Jobless Claims for the week ending August 4th, July Product Price Index and June Wholesale Inventories.
Time frame Used - four hours The USDJPY is moving in a bullish direction in the near term The purchasing power managed to control the movement of the USDJPY pair to penetrate the USDJPY the resistance level of 110.85 higher to reach the level of 111.44 where the USDJPY has encountered resistance and selling pressure around this level to fall back to the support level of 110.56 again forming a …
- GBPUSD Technical analysis 16 August 2018 11:02 pm2018-08-15
- EURUSD Technical analysis 16 August 2018 11:00 pm2018-08-15
- USDJPY Technical analysis 15 August 2018 11:04 pm2018-08-14
- GBPUSD Technical analysis 15 August 2018 11:02 pm2018-08-14
- EURUSD Technical analysis 15 August 2018 11:00 pm2018-08-14
- USDJPY Technical analysis 14 August 2018 11:11 pm2018-08-13
- GBPUSD Technical analysis 14 August 2018 11:08 pm2018-08-13
- EURUSD Technical analysis 14 August 2018 11:06 pm2018-08-13
- USDJPY Technical analysis 13 August 2018 09:20 pm2018-08-12
Best trading brokers
- commodities Fundamental analysis aaab 2017-08-13
- Euro zone manufacturing PMI widen in June, EUR /USD Slip’s 2017-07-03
- Bitcoin burglars succeed in stealing 140,000 dollars of encrypted currency 2017-11-07
- job growth slowed by much more than anticipated in the month of March 2018-04-06
- Chairman Gaincarlo just made the most bullish statements in front of the Congress 2018-02-06
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01
- Bitcoin forces Santa Claus to distribute the worst gifts to its investors on Christmas 10:04 am 2017-12-25
- Forex 09:26 am 2017-12-25
- OmiseGo .. Time for electronic financial exchanges 02:07 pm 2017-11-15