The US dollar rose against its major counterparts in the European session on Thursday
2018-08-09 01:36 pm | Resource: NEWS | No Views : 29
The US dollar rose against its major counterparts in the European session on Thursday, as fears of a trade war escalated after China announced an additional tariff on US goods, sparking the appeal of safe assets.
China said on Wednesday it would impose a 25 percent tariff on 16 billion US dollars of US goods in retaliation against the latest imports from the Trump administration on Chinese goods.
Emotions fell after the United States said it would impose new sanctions on Russia over the poisoning of former Russian spy Sergei Scrippal. The sanctions are expected to take effect on or about August 22.
In the meantime, Richmond Fed Chairman Thomas J. Parkin suggested raising US interest rates to normal levels in the light of strong economic factors.
"It's hard to say that lower than normal rates are appropriate when unemployment is low and inflation is effectively in the Fed's target," he said on Wednesday.
US weekly jobless claims, wholesale and product prices are due later in the day, while Chicago Fed Chairman Charles Evans will participate in a Chicago mass media interview.
The mixed currency was traded against the major currencies in the European session. While falling against the yen and the franc, rose against the pound. Against the euro, keep it steady.
The dollar advanced to 111.19 against the yen, from a two-week low of 110.71 at 10:45 pm Eastern Time. The Dollar is about to find resistance around 113.00.
The dollar rose to 0.9951 against the franc, after falling to a 6-day low of 0.9921 at 5:00 pm Eastern Time. Continued bullishness for the dollar is likely to see it as a tough resistance around the 1.01 area.
The dollar reversed from an early low of 1.1619 against the euro, and rose to 1.1576. We see the next potential resistance to the dollar around the 1.13 level.
In the context of the early rally, the dollar rose to 0.6641 against the New Zealand dollar, its highest level since March 2016. The USD finds resistance at the 0.65 area.
Time frame Used - four hours The USDJPY is moving in a bullish direction in the near term The purchasing power managed to control the movement of the USDJPY pair to penetrate the USDJPY the resistance level of 110.85 higher to reach the level of 111.44 where the USDJPY has encountered resistance and selling pressure around this level to fall back to the support level of 110.56 again forming a …
- GBPUSD Technical analysis 16 August 2018 11:02 pm2018-08-15
- EURUSD Technical analysis 16 August 2018 11:00 pm2018-08-15
- USDJPY Technical analysis 15 August 2018 11:04 pm2018-08-14
- GBPUSD Technical analysis 15 August 2018 11:02 pm2018-08-14
- EURUSD Technical analysis 15 August 2018 11:00 pm2018-08-14
- USDJPY Technical analysis 14 August 2018 11:11 pm2018-08-13
- GBPUSD Technical analysis 14 August 2018 11:08 pm2018-08-13
- EURUSD Technical analysis 14 August 2018 11:06 pm2018-08-13
- USDJPY Technical analysis 13 August 2018 09:20 pm2018-08-12
Best trading brokers
- commodities Fundamental analysis aaab 2017-08-13
- Euro zone manufacturing PMI widen in June, EUR /USD Slip’s 2017-07-03
- Bitcoin burglars succeed in stealing 140,000 dollars of encrypted currency 2017-11-07
- job growth slowed by much more than anticipated in the month of March 2018-04-06
- Chairman Gaincarlo just made the most bullish statements in front of the Congress 2018-02-06
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01
- Bitcoin forces Santa Claus to distribute the worst gifts to its investors on Christmas 10:04 am 2017-12-25
- Forex 09:26 am 2017-12-25
- OmiseGo .. Time for electronic financial exchanges 02:07 pm 2017-11-15