US Unemployment Claims fall unexpectedly in the week ending August 4th
2018-08-09 04:31 pm | Resource: NEWS | No Views : 82
Claims for the first time on US jobless claims posted an unexpected drop in the week ending Aug. 4, according to a report released by the Labor Department on Thursday.
Initial jobless claims fell to 213,000, down 6,000 from last week's revised level of 219,000, the report said.
Economists had expected jobless claims to reach 220,000 from 218,000 originally reported the previous week.
The Ministry of Labor said the fourth-week moving average was down to 214.250, down 500 from last week's average of 214.750.
Meanwhile, the report said claims continued, with the number of people receiving ongoing unemployment assistance rising by 29,000 to 1.755 million in the week ending July 28.
The four-week moving average for continuing claims also rose to 1745250, an increase of
Last Friday, the Labor Department released a separate report showing much weaker than expected growth in July.
Employment in non-farm jobs rose 157,000 jobs in July after rising 248,000 jobs in June, the Labor Department said.
Economists had expected an increase in the number of jobs by about 190 thousand jobs compared to the jump of 213 thousand jobs announced the previous month.
Despite a weaker-than-expected job growth, the unemployment rate fell to 3.9 percent in July from 4.0 percent in June, equaling estimates.
Time frame Used - four hours The USDJPY is moving in a bearish direction in the near term. The USDJPY reached to the support level of112.29 to bounce back to the 112.92 level as the USDJPY faced resistance and selling pressure around this level, forming a lower high to retreat to the 112.64 level, trying to stability above this level , As the USDJPY moves into a bearish channel and…
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 10 December 2018 08:44 pm2018-12-09
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 10 December 2018 08:40 pm2018-12-09
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 5 December 2018 11:16 pm2018-12-04
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 5 December 2018 11:14 pm2018-12-04
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 5 December 2018 11:12 pm2018-12-04
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 4 December 2018 05:17 am2018-12-04
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 4 December 2018 05:06 am2018-12-04
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 4 December 2018 04:53 am2018-12-04
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 3 December 2018 10:41 pm2018-12-02
Best trading brokers
- Euro zone manufacturing PMI widen in June, EUR /USD Slip’s 2017-07-03
- Bitcoin burglars succeed in stealing 140,000 dollars of encrypted currency 2017-11-07
- commodities Fundamental analysis aaab 2017-08-13
- Chairman Gaincarlo just made the most bullish statements in front of the Congress 2018-02-06
- job growth slowed by much more than anticipated in the month of March 2018-04-06
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01
- Bitcoin forces Santa Claus to distribute the worst gifts to its investors on Christmas 10:04 am 2017-12-25
- Forex 09:26 am 2017-12-25
- OmiseGo .. Time for electronic financial exchanges 02:07 pm 2017-11-15