The Euro is rising after European employment data and the German confidence index
2018-09-11 10:54 am | Resource: News | No Views : 231
The survey data from the European Economic Research Center (ZEW) showed that German economic sentiment improved more-than-expected in September.
The economic sentiment index rose to -10.6 from -13.7 in August, according to the Mannheim Research Center. The economist was expecting modest improvement in the index to -13.5.
Current conditions index rose to 76 from 72.6 in August. Economists had expected to read less than 72.
"During the period of the study, the currency crisis in Turkey and Argentina was tightened, while German industrial production and incoming orders were surprisingly low in July," ZIM Wambach, the organization's chairman, said. "Despite these unfavorable conditions, Germany's economic outlook has improved slightly," Bach said. "The major concerns expressed by respondents in terms of economic development have declined to some extent, which may partly be attributed to the new trade agreement between the United States and Mexico," said Wambach.
Eurozone employment is rising steadily
Eurostat data showed on Tuesday that employment in the eurozone rose at a steady pace in the second quarter.
Employment rose 0.4 percent sequentially in the second quarter, the same rate as seen in the first quarter. Annual growth remained unchanged at 1.5 percent.
According to Eurostat estimates, there were 158 million employees, the highest record. Employment in the EU28 rose by 0.4 percent from the quarter and by 1.4 percent a year in the second quarter.
Among the member countries, Estonia, Poland, Cyprus and Luxembourg recorded the highest gains compared to the previous quarter. At the same time, a decline was observed in Latvia, Portugal, Romania and Bulgaria.
The euro rose on Tuesday as worries about Italian debt eased, boosting the single currency for a second day, while broader movements in the Forex markets were contained as investors worried about the upcoming developments in the Sino-US trade dispute.
After the data, the euro changed slightly against the major currencies. The euro traded at 1.1615 against the US dollar, 129.38 against the yen, 1.1314 against the franc and 0.8907 against the pound at around 5:01 am Eastern time.
Time frame Used - four hours The USDJPY is moving in a sideway direction in the near term. The USDJPY is still facing resistance and selling pressure around the resistance level of 108.55 and is still suffering from signs of weakness and low volatility for the USD/JPY pair despite its consolidation above the 106.80 level , and the USD/JPY is unable to surpass the Bollinger's moving average line. In view…
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 15 January 2019 11:21 pm2019-01-14
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 15 January 2019 11:18 pm2019-01-14
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 14 January 2019 11:07 pm2019-01-13
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 14 January 2019 10:49 pm2019-01-13
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 14 January 2019 10:25 pm2019-01-13
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 11 January 2019 12:22 am2019-01-11
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 11 January 2019 11:45 pm2019-01-10
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 11 January 2019 11:21 pm2019-01-10
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 10 January 2019 12:08 am2019-01-10
Best trading brokers
- Euro zone manufacturing PMI widen in June, EUR /USD Slip’s 2017-07-03
- Bitcoin burglars succeed in stealing 140,000 dollars of encrypted currency 2017-11-07
- commodities Fundamental analysis aaab 2017-08-13
- Chairman Gaincarlo just made the most bullish statements in front of the Congress 2018-02-06
- job growth slowed by much more than anticipated in the month of March 2018-04-06
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01