Dollar rises with support from trade war and Australian concerns waning
2018-09-12 08:11 am | Resource: News | No Views : 127
The US dollar rose against a basket of currencies on Wednesday as concerns over global trade tensions fueled demand for a safe haven for the dollar.
The dollar index, which measures the strength of the greenback versus a basket of six major currencies, was up 0.1% at 95.15 (0830 GMT).
Investors have been focusing on the US-China trade dispute amid fears that the escalation could be imminent.
China will ask the World Trade Organization next week for permission to impose sanctions on the United States for failing to comply with a US dispute over dumping charges. This comes after President Donald Trump announced on Friday that there are more trade tariffs against Beijing with a total value of 267 billion dollars.
The Australian dollar fell near its lowest level as the Australian consumer confidence index dropped in September
Australian consumer confidence fell in September, reflecting political instability and rising mortgage interest rates, data from Westpac showed Wednesday. The Westpac Melbourne Institute index fell from 3 percent to 100.5 percent in September. This has been weaker since November last year.
Although the index remained in the positive territory, the reading was above 100. The data indicates that confidence has been affected by increases in mortgage interest rates, political instability and domestic budget pressures. All sub-indices fell in September with the "economic outlook, the next 5 years" show the largest movement, down 5.8 percent.
Dollar Trading vs. Currencies
- The Australian dollar fell 0.1% to 0.7110, not far from a 2-1 / 2 year low of 0.7094 on Tuesday.
- Sterling fell 0.2% at 1.3010
- The euro was also down against the US currency, with EUR / USD shedding 0.15% to hit 1.1587.
- The greenback advanced to 0.9745 against the franc
- The US dollar rose to 111.50 against the yen
Time frame Used - four hours The USDJPY is moving in a sideway direction in the near term. The USDJPY is still facing resistance and selling pressure around the resistance level of 108.55 and is still suffering from signs of weakness and low volatility for the USD/JPY pair despite its consolidation above the 106.80 level , and the USD/JPY is unable to surpass the Bollinger's moving average line. In view…
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 15 January 2019 11:21 pm2019-01-14
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 15 January 2019 11:18 pm2019-01-14
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 14 January 2019 11:07 pm2019-01-13
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 14 January 2019 10:49 pm2019-01-13
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 14 January 2019 10:25 pm2019-01-13
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 11 January 2019 12:22 am2019-01-11
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 11 January 2019 11:45 pm2019-01-10
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 11 January 2019 11:21 pm2019-01-10
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 10 January 2019 12:08 am2019-01-10
Best trading brokers
- Euro zone manufacturing PMI widen in June, EUR /USD Slip’s 2017-07-03
- Bitcoin burglars succeed in stealing 140,000 dollars of encrypted currency 2017-11-07
- commodities Fundamental analysis aaab 2017-08-13
- Chairman Gaincarlo just made the most bullish statements in front of the Congress 2018-02-06
- job growth slowed by much more than anticipated in the month of March 2018-04-06
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01