Turkish central bank raises interest rate and lira rises
2018-09-13 12:24 pm | Resource: News | No Views : 34
The Central Bank of Turkey raised its key interest rate to 24 percent on Thursday, beating economists' expectations. The Monetary Policy Committee, led by bank governor Murat Setinkaya, raised the repo rate for one week to 24 percent from 17.75 percent. Economists had expected an increase to 20.75-22 percent
The Turkish central bank increased the repurchase rate by one week to 625 basis points to 24%, exceeding analysts' expectations of 425 basis points to 22%.
The bank's decision was announced hours after Erdogan raised the turmoil by repeating his hostility to rising borrowing costs and issuing an order restricting the use of foreign currencies in local transactions. "If necessary, further monetary tightening will be implemented," the bank said in a statement. The rate hike came in tandem with the bank's pledge of strong tightening to support price stability.
The central bank said that recent developments regarding inflation expectations indicate a significant risk of price stability. The central bank also said it would maintain its hawkish stance on monetary policy "decisively until inflation expectations show significant improvement."
The Turkish lira rose on Thursday after the country's central bank raised interest rates more than expected.
The pound has lost about 40% of its value against the dollar since the beginning of the year, thanks to investors' concerns about the independence of the central bank and the diplomatic and trade fighting between Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan Erdogan and Washington.
EN Time frame Used - four hours The USDJPY is moving in a bullish direction in the near term The USDJPY is still facing resistance and selling pressure around the 112.85 level to retreat below level of 112.45 In view of the technical indicators Both the RSI and the Stochastic are indicating that indicators are beginning to fall below Accordingly, we expect that the USDJPY will fall to levels…
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 24 September 2018 10:18 pm2018-09-23
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 24 September 2018 10:16 pm2018-09-23
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 21 September 2018 11:07 pm2018-09-20
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 21 September 2018 11:04 pm2018-09-20
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 21 September 2018 11:02 pm2018-09-20
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 20 September 2018 11:07 pm2018-09-19
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 20 September 2018 11:04 pm2018-09-19
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 20 September 2018 11:03 pm2018-09-19
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 19 September 2018 11:17 pm2018-09-18
Best trading brokers
- Euro zone manufacturing PMI widen in June, EUR /USD Slip’s 2017-07-03
- commodities Fundamental analysis aaab 2017-08-13
- Bitcoin burglars succeed in stealing 140,000 dollars of encrypted currency 2017-11-07
- job growth slowed by much more than anticipated in the month of March 2018-04-06
- Chairman Gaincarlo just made the most bullish statements in front of the Congress 2018-02-06
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01
- Bitcoin forces Santa Claus to distribute the worst gifts to its investors on Christmas 10:04 am 2017-12-25
- Forex 09:26 am 2017-12-25
- OmiseGo .. Time for electronic financial exchanges 02:07 pm 2017-11-15