The dollar Is performance is different after the introduction of the tariffs and European bonds are rising
2018-09-18 10:27 am | Resource: News | No Views : 46
The US dollar was steady against other currencies on Tuesday after the White House imposed new tariffs on China. US President Donald Trump announced on Monday that the United States would offer 10 percent of China's 200 billion US dollars customs duties, which would rise to 25 percent by the end of the year. "If China takes reprisals against our farmers or other industries, Immediately the third phase, a tariff of approximately $ 267 billion of additional imports.
China said it would respond against the new tariffs. The United States has invited China to discuss trade later this month, but China is likely to cancel.
German and UK bonds rise
British government debt prices rose on Tuesday, meaning lower yields, while German bonds showed a more mixed picture. With the pound retreating on Tuesday, some of yesterday's important gains reflected optimism about Britain's exit from the EU, and sentiment in London's stock market improved as it supported the depreciation of companies that rely on external income. Stocks in the euro area were also stronger.
Investors focused on the ignition of the commercial war by Trump's tough tariff decisions
The yield on two-year bonds in the UK fell by 0.6 basis points to 0.807% at 11:40 CET, compared with a drop of 1.3 points to 1.377% for the tenth year. The yield on 30-year bonds fell 0.7 points to 1.869%. The German bond yield for two years added 0.6 points, to 0.528% below zero and makes the curve more streamlined. The yield on 10-year bonds fell by 0.8 points to 0.45% and the 30-year benchmark fell 1.5 points to 1.089%. Bond futures were stable at 0.06% and 0.24%, respectively.
US Dollar Trading
- The dollar index, which measures the strength of the dollar against a basket of six major currencies, stabilized at 94.09 from 9:05 GMT.
- The greenback was up against the yen as a safe haven, with USD / JPY rising 0.06% to 111.95.
- The Chinese yuan was plummeting after news, dropping to a three-week low of 0.08% to 6.8756, not far from the high of 6.8921.
- The Euro and the Pound were stable. The euro was up 0.03% at 1.1685, while the pound was down 0.11% at 1.3136.
- The Australian Dollar was up 0.39% at 0.7219
- The New Zealand Dollar / US Dollar was up 0.23% at 0.6593.
Time frame Used - four hours The USDJPY is moving in a bearish direction in the near term The bears managed to control movement of the USDJPY to the support level of 111.60 which also represents 61% retracement of Fibonacci levels Accordingly, we expect that the USDJPY will test levels of 112.16 - 112.73 in a corrective move The alternative scenario is that the USDJPY retreated to level of…
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 16 October 2018 11:37 pm2018-10-15
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 16 October 2018 11:32 pm2018-10-15
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 15 October 2018 09:59 pm2018-10-14
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 15 October 2018 09:56 pm2018-10-14
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 15 October 2018 09:54 pm2018-10-14
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 12 October 2018 11:42 pm2018-10-11
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 12 October 2018 11:40 pm2018-10-11
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 12 October 2018 11:38 pm2018-10-11
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 11 October 2018 05:20 am2018-10-11
Best trading brokers
- Euro zone manufacturing PMI widen in June, EUR /USD Slip’s 2017-07-03
- commodities Fundamental analysis aaab 2017-08-13
- Bitcoin burglars succeed in stealing 140,000 dollars of encrypted currency 2017-11-07
- job growth slowed by much more than anticipated in the month of March 2018-04-06
- Chairman Gaincarlo just made the most bullish statements in front of the Congress 2018-02-06
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01
- Bitcoin forces Santa Claus to distribute the worst gifts to its investors on Christmas 10:04 am 2017-12-25
- Forex 09:26 am 2017-12-25
- OmiseGo .. Time for electronic financial exchanges 02:07 pm 2017-11-15