The Dollar rallied against major currencies during European trade
2018-10-09 10:04 am | Resource: News | No Views : 83
The dollar rose against a basket of currencies on Tuesday and the yen remained a safe haven in dealing cautiously with rising US bond yields and concerns about global growth prospects that weighed on risk appetite. The yield on 10-year US Treasury bonds rose 3.25% for the first time since 2011
China will not use the yuan's exchange rate as a weapon in the ongoing trade war with the United States, the Chinese Foreign Ministry said Tuesday. In addition, the comments made by an unnamed high-level official from the US Treasury on "non-market mechanisms" in Beijing are "baseless speculation," a foreign ministry spokesman added.
The sell-off in Treasuries prompted expectations of a possible rise in interest rates from the Federal Reserve. Rising bond yields have hurt stock demand in recent sessions, dampening risk appetite.
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) cut its global growth forecast to 3.7%, the report said on Tuesday. The global economy grew only 3.7 percent in 2018 and 2019, down from 3.9 percent.
Dollar Trading vs. Currencies
- The dollar index, which measures the strength of the dollar against a basket of six major currencies, rose 0.17% to 95.60
- The greenback was down 0.18% against the yuan to hit 6.9181 at 11:06 CET
- While the greenback rose 0.08% against the renminbi at 11:08 CET, buying 6.9255.
- The Yen stabilized as a safe haven against the Dollar, with the pair trading at 113.30 levels.
- The euro was close to a one-and-a-half month low after falling 0.14% to hit 1.1475
- The pound was down 0.11% at 1.3075
Time frame Used - four hours The USDJPY is moving in a bullish direction in the near term. The USDJPY faced resistance and selling pressure nearly of the resistance level of 113.58 to retract to the support level 113.20. In view of the technical indicators Both the RSI and the Stochastic are indicating signs of recovery. Therefore, we expect that the USDJPY will test levels of 113.58 - 114.08 again…
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 13 December 2018 12:34 am2018-12-13
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 13 December 2018 12:32 am2018-12-13
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 12 December 2018 12:14 am2018-12-12
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 12 December 2018 12:12 am2018-12-12
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 12 December 2018 12:10 am2018-12-12
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 11 December 2018 05:22 am2018-12-11
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 11 December 2018 05:11 am2018-12-11
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 11 December 2018 04:52 am2018-12-11
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 10 December 2018 08:46 pm2018-12-09
Best trading brokers
- Euro zone manufacturing PMI widen in June, EUR /USD Slip’s 2017-07-03
- Bitcoin burglars succeed in stealing 140,000 dollars of encrypted currency 2017-11-07
- commodities Fundamental analysis aaab 2017-08-13
- Chairman Gaincarlo just made the most bullish statements in front of the Congress 2018-02-06
- job growth slowed by much more than anticipated in the month of March 2018-04-06
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01
- Bitcoin forces Santa Claus to distribute the worst gifts to its investors on Christmas 10:04 am 2017-12-25
- Forex 09:26 am 2017-12-25
- OmiseGo .. Time for electronic financial exchanges 02:07 pm 2017-11-15