The dollar performance diverged after several comments on interest rates
2018-10-10 11:02 am | Resource: News | No Views : 159
The US dollar was halted on Wednesday as US Treasury yields remained below seven-year lows, but demand for the dollar continued to support expectations that would likely raise interest rates from the Federal Reserve.
The dollar paused temporarily as yields on 10-year Treasuries fell after hitting a seven-and-a-half-year high on Tuesday. Rising bond yields have hurt demand for stocks in recent sessions, leading to a decline in risk appetite. The dollar posted strong gains this month after a number of federal officials' comments on interest rates
Fed Williams: Increases in the gradual rate will boost growth
"The gradual increase in interest rates will further enhance sustainable economic expansion and meet our dual goals for the state," said John Williams, chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. He noted that the Fed is currently managing its targets for maximum employment and price stability "as ever."
However, Williams predicted that "with the normalization of Fed policy, it will not be clear whether interest rates need to rise or fall, and clear guidance on the course of future policy will not be appropriate." The US economy is forecast to grow by 3% this year and 2.5% in 2019. Unemployment is expected to fall below 3.5% next year, and inflation will exceed the Federal Reserve's target of 2% "slightly". "He said.
Money policy should be part of China's deal
In another context, US Treasury Secretary Steve Menuchin highlighted Italy's financial and fiscal outlook for the FT as a risk of proliferation, but also insisted there was no major concern yet. He focused on devaluation of the Chinese currency, stressing that the yuan fell "significantly during the year." The administration is considering the issue "very carefully" and believes the solution "should be part of" a comprehensive trade agreement with their counterparts in Beijing, the top US official said in an interview published Wednesday.
He added that President Donald Trump and his government "wanted to make sure" that the currency, also called the renminbi, was not used to reduce the value of competition in ongoing conflicts. Mr Menuchin also said he was aware that there were "different factors" for his weak exchange rate, namely economic challenges. Turning to the impact of the trade war, the Treasury Secretary confirmed that it was limited and in certain areas, such as lobsters and Bourbon.
- The dollar index, which measures the strength of the dollar versus a basket of six major currencies, stabilized at 95.4 by 08:13 GMT,
- The greenback was up against the yen, with rising 0.15% to 113.11.
- The EUR did not change much, with EUR / USD trading at 1.1490, recording above last week's low of 1.1431.
- , With GBP / USD climbing 0.12% to 1.3159 after reports that UK exit conditions from the EU could be settled early next week.
Time frame Used - four hours The USD/JPY is moving in a sideway direction in the near term. The USD/JPY is still facing resistance and selling pressure around levels of 111.42 - 110.92 as the USD/JPY is floating in a narrow range and the USD/JPY is moving above the Bollinger's moving average line within the narrow range, indicating a potential price explosion but Not yet determined in any direction. In…
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 22 February 2019 07:54 am2019-02-22
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the EUR/USD pair 22 February 2019 07:36 am2019-02-22
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the USD/JPY pair 21 February 2019 06:28 am2019-02-21
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 21 February 2019 06:24 am2019-02-21
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the EUR/USD pair 21 February 2019 06:16 am2019-02-21
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the USD/JPY pair 20 February 2019 05:45 am2019-02-20
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 20 February 2019 05:35 am2019-02-20
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the EUR/USD pair 20 February 2019 05:17 am2019-02-20
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the USD/JPY pair 19 February 2019 10:51 pm2019-02-18
Best trading brokers
- Bitcoin burglars succeed in stealing 140,000 dollars of encrypted currency 2017-11-07
- Euro zone manufacturing PMI widen in June, EUR /USD Slip’s 2017-07-03
- commodities Fundamental analysis aaab 2017-08-13
- Chairman Gaincarlo just made the most bullish statements in front of the Congress 2018-02-06
- job growth slowed by much more than anticipated in the month of March 2018-04-06
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01