The US dollar fell against the majors and a strong decline in US stocks
2018-10-11 07:11 am | Resource: News | No Views : 103
The US dollar, traditionally a safe haven, fell unexpectedly despite stocks falling. While the Australian dollar rose on Thursday even after the global markets fell sharply
The Dow closed down 940 points from Tuesday's high
In the worst selling since February, the Dow Jones industrial average finished trading on Wednesday, down 887 points from Monday's close and 941 points lower than Tuesday's high. The index lost 1% last month and 4.58% last week, reaching its lowest level since August 23. Nike led the losses as it dropped 6.81% when the closing bell.
The Nasdaq 100 was hit by a massive plunge in technology stocks, with the giant companies pulling the index down 327 points, or 4.44%. In the last seven days, fell 7.76%, and 5.41% per month. Netflix fell 8.38%, Microsoft was 5.43% in the red zone with Apple after falling 4.63%. Facebook lost 4.13%, while Intel fell 3.76%.
The S & P 500 was down 3.29% at closing, with the worst performers Tiffany & Ralph Lauren, falling 10.22% and 8.44% respectively, and Twitter, which lost 8.47%.
The US dollar index fell
- The dollar index, which measures the greenback versus a basket of other currencies, fell 0.2% to 94.96 by 0542 GMT.
- The AUD / USD pair was up 0.4% at 0.7075.
- The Japanese yen rose as a safe haven against the dollar for the sixth consecutive session as the pair traded 0.1% to 112.17.
- The greenback was up against the Chinese yuan, up 0.1% at 6.9322 as the People's Bank of China set the reference price of the yuan at 6.9098 against the previous day's price of 6.9072.
Time frame Used - four hours The USDJPY is moving in a bullish direction in the near term. The USDJPY faced resistance and selling pressure nearly of the resistance level of 113.58 to retract to the support level 113.20. In view of the technical indicators Both the RSI and the Stochastic are indicating signs of recovery. Therefore, we expect that the USDJPY will test levels of 113.58 - 114.08 again…
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 13 December 2018 12:34 am2018-12-13
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 13 December 2018 12:32 am2018-12-13
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 12 December 2018 12:14 am2018-12-12
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 12 December 2018 12:12 am2018-12-12
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 12 December 2018 12:10 am2018-12-12
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 11 December 2018 05:22 am2018-12-11
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 11 December 2018 05:11 am2018-12-11
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 11 December 2018 04:52 am2018-12-11
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 10 December 2018 08:46 pm2018-12-09
Best trading brokers
- Euro zone manufacturing PMI widen in June, EUR /USD Slip’s 2017-07-03
- Bitcoin burglars succeed in stealing 140,000 dollars of encrypted currency 2017-11-07
- commodities Fundamental analysis aaab 2017-08-13
- Chairman Gaincarlo just made the most bullish statements in front of the Congress 2018-02-06
- job growth slowed by much more than anticipated in the month of March 2018-04-06
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01
- Bitcoin forces Santa Claus to distribute the worst gifts to its investors on Christmas 10:04 am 2017-12-25
- Forex 09:26 am 2017-12-25
- OmiseGo .. Time for electronic financial exchanges 02:07 pm 2017-11-15