The New Zealand dollar gained against the major currencies after the unemployment data
2018-11-07 07:09 am | Resource: News | No Views : 150
The New Zealand dollar rose against its major counterparts in the Asian session on Wednesday, after strong third-quarter local employment data. As investors await interest rate decision from the Reserve Bank of New Zealand tomorrow. It is widely expected that the Reserve Bank of New Zealand will keep the OCR unchanged at 1.75%.
New Zealand's unemployment rate fell by a seasonally adjusted 3.9% in the third quarter of 2018, data from New Zealand statistics showed. That was well below expectations of 4.4% and fell sharply from 4.5% in the previous three months. Employment was up 2.8 percent year-on-year, beating expectations for a 2.0 percent gain after rising 3.7 percent in the second quarter.
US midterm elections
Asian stocks were up US midterm elections led to the division of Congress, and did not offer a surprise to investors.
Trading futures for major US indices in the red zone as networks closed their mid-term outlook. US President Donald Trump has called for the Republican and Democratic parties. Nancy Pelosi, a Democrat, said the new majority in the House of Representatives would not be the first to dismiss the president. Investors remain cautious, however, as the US Congress will be controlled by two parties in the next two years.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average and the S & P 500 remained flat, dropping 0.04% and 0.02%, respectively. Meanwhile, the Nasdaq 100 shed 0.12%.
New Zealand Dollar Trading
- After initially trading in red before the polls closed in the United States, the euro rose against the US dollar later and rose 0.27% against the US currency to 1.14490 at 6:38 am CET. The euro is still down 0.63% against the dollar for the month.
- The dollar fell 0.15% against the yen as well, heading to 113.2835 at 6:39 CET.
- The kiwi strengthened to a 3-month high of 0.6779 against the US dollar near a 4-month high of 76.73 against the yen, from an early low of 0.6712 and 76.25 respectively. The Kiwi is likely to find resistance around 0.685 against the US Dollar and 78.00 against the Yen.
- The New Zealand dollar fell from an early low of 1.0753 against the Australian dollar and 1.6996 against the euro, rising to a nine-week high of 1.0715 and 1.6912 respectively. The next potential resistance for the kiwi can be seen around 1.06 against the Australian dollar and 1.67 against the euro.
Time frame Used - four hours The USD/JPY is moving in a bearish direction in the near term. The USD/JPY was able to take control of the USD/JPY movement after the US Federal Reserve's decision to fix the US interest rate as the USD/JPY broke down at 111.12 to hit at 110.35. In view of the technical indicators Both the RSI and the Stochastic are indicating the arrival of indicators…
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 22 March 2019 03:42 am2019-03-22
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the EUR/USD pair 22 March 2019 03:24 am2019-03-22
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the USD/JPY pair 21 March 2019 08:13 am2019-03-21
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 21 March 2019 08:11 am2019-03-21
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the EUR/USD pair 21 March 2019 11:00 pm2019-03-20
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the USD/JPY pair 20 March 2019 09:17 am2019-03-20
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 20 March 2019 08:11 am2019-03-20
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the EUR/USD pair 20 March 2019 07:56 am2019-03-20
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the USD/JPY pair 18 March 2019 08:26 am2019-03-18
Best trading brokers
- Bitcoin burglars succeed in stealing 140,000 dollars of encrypted currency 2017-11-07
- Euro zone manufacturing PMI widen in June, EUR /USD Slip’s 2017-07-03
- commodities Fundamental analysis aaab 2017-08-13
- Chairman Gaincarlo just made the most bullish statements in front of the Congress 2018-02-06
- job growth slowed by much more than anticipated in the month of March 2018-04-06
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01