Dollar rallies against major currencies ahead of Fed decision
2018-11-08 09:55 am | Resource: News | No Views : 59
The dollar rose against a basket of currencies on Thursday as investors turned their attention to the Fed's monetary policy announcement later in the day, while the pound remained above the 1.30 level on optimism about Britain's break-up.
There was optimism about the bricast, despite Irish Prime Minister Leo Varadkar's tough tone during his speech at the 2018 European People's Congress (EPP) meeting in Helsinki. Ireland would not ease its stance on support when it comes to Britain's exit agreement from the European Union.
"The ball is in the London court to a large extent, the British domestic policy is in fact a matter for them ... I just hope that Prime Minister May is in a position to get any possible agreement through her government and through her parliament ..." "We support our goals. Difficulties in the UK can not allow us in any way to relax our position from my point of view. "
European and Asian data
In the morning, Europe's exports and imports fell unexpectedly in September. Exports fell 0.8% month-on-month, reflecting a 0.1% gain in August. Meanwhile, imports fell 0.4 percent after August's drop of 2.4 percent.
In terms of Asian data, China posted a trade surplus of $ 31.78 billion with the United States in October, down from a record $ 34.13 billion in September. The country's cumulative trade surplus with the United States in the first ten months of the year reached 258.15 billion dollars.
China's total trade surplus was $ 34.01 billion in October, lower than economists' forecasts of $ 35 billion.
- The US dollar index rose 0.18% to 95.98 by 09:01 GMT.
- The greenback was up against the yen, with rising 0.14% to hit 113.68.
- The euro did not change much against the US dollar, with EUR / USD trading at 1.1432.
- The EUR / GBP traded at 0.8701, the weakest since May 30.
- Traders continued the breakext news that pushed the GBP / USD higher at 1.3135
Time frame Used - four hours The USDJPY is moving in a bearish direction in the near term. The USDJPY managed to control movement the USDJPY to break the support level around the 113.58 level down to hit the 113.07 level forming a positive candlestick pattern to bounce back above to test the 113.58 level especially after the release of the US Retail Sales report which showed growth and a…
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 16 November 2018 12:24 am2018-11-16
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 16 November 2018 12:22 am2018-11-16
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 15 November 2018 11:07 pm2018-11-14
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 15 November 2018 11:02 pm2018-11-14
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 15 November 2018 11:00 pm2018-11-14
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 14 November 2018 11:18 pm2018-11-13
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 14 November 2018 11:16 pm2018-11-13
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 14 November 2018 11:14 pm2018-11-13
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 12 November 2018 09:19 pm2018-11-11
Best trading brokers
- Euro zone manufacturing PMI widen in June, EUR /USD Slip’s 2017-07-03
- commodities Fundamental analysis aaab 2017-08-13
- Bitcoin burglars succeed in stealing 140,000 dollars of encrypted currency 2017-11-07
- job growth slowed by much more than anticipated in the month of March 2018-04-06
- Chairman Gaincarlo just made the most bullish statements in front of the Congress 2018-02-06
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01
- Bitcoin forces Santa Claus to distribute the worst gifts to its investors on Christmas 10:04 am 2017-12-25
- Forex 09:26 am 2017-12-25
- OmiseGo .. Time for electronic financial exchanges 02:07 pm 2017-11-15