Dollar rallies against major currencies ahead of Fed decision
2018-11-08 09:55 am | Resource: News | No Views : 113
The dollar rose against a basket of currencies on Thursday as investors turned their attention to the Fed's monetary policy announcement later in the day, while the pound remained above the 1.30 level on optimism about Britain's break-up.
There was optimism about the bricast, despite Irish Prime Minister Leo Varadkar's tough tone during his speech at the 2018 European People's Congress (EPP) meeting in Helsinki. Ireland would not ease its stance on support when it comes to Britain's exit agreement from the European Union.
"The ball is in the London court to a large extent, the British domestic policy is in fact a matter for them ... I just hope that Prime Minister May is in a position to get any possible agreement through her government and through her parliament ..." "We support our goals. Difficulties in the UK can not allow us in any way to relax our position from my point of view. "
European and Asian data
In the morning, Europe's exports and imports fell unexpectedly in September. Exports fell 0.8% month-on-month, reflecting a 0.1% gain in August. Meanwhile, imports fell 0.4 percent after August's drop of 2.4 percent.
In terms of Asian data, China posted a trade surplus of $ 31.78 billion with the United States in October, down from a record $ 34.13 billion in September. The country's cumulative trade surplus with the United States in the first ten months of the year reached 258.15 billion dollars.
China's total trade surplus was $ 34.01 billion in October, lower than economists' forecasts of $ 35 billion.
- The US dollar index rose 0.18% to 95.98 by 09:01 GMT.
- The greenback was up against the yen, with rising 0.14% to hit 113.68.
- The euro did not change much against the US dollar, with EUR / USD trading at 1.1432.
- The EUR / GBP traded at 0.8701, the weakest since May 30.
- Traders continued the breakext news that pushed the GBP / USD higher at 1.3135
Time frame Used - four hours The USDJPY is moving in a sideway direction in the near term. The USDJPY is still facing resistance and selling pressure around the resistance level of 108.55 and is still suffering from signs of weakness and low volatility for the USD/JPY pair despite its consolidation above the 106.80 level , and the USD/JPY is unable to surpass the Bollinger's moving average line. In view…
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 15 January 2019 11:21 pm2019-01-14
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 15 January 2019 11:18 pm2019-01-14
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 14 January 2019 11:07 pm2019-01-13
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 14 January 2019 10:49 pm2019-01-13
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 14 January 2019 10:25 pm2019-01-13
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 11 January 2019 12:22 am2019-01-11
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 11 January 2019 11:45 pm2019-01-10
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 11 January 2019 11:21 pm2019-01-10
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 10 January 2019 12:08 am2019-01-10
Best trading brokers
- Euro zone manufacturing PMI widen in June, EUR /USD Slip’s 2017-07-03
- Bitcoin burglars succeed in stealing 140,000 dollars of encrypted currency 2017-11-07
- commodities Fundamental analysis aaab 2017-08-13
- Chairman Gaincarlo just made the most bullish statements in front of the Congress 2018-02-06
- job growth slowed by much more than anticipated in the month of March 2018-04-06
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01