Dollar retreats after Powell hints about interest
2019-01-11 08:45 am | Resource: News | No Views : 59
Dollar continued to slide against the major currencies after Jerome Powell's comments on Thursday, which included the possibility of being patient in raising interest rates.
Where the dollar index fell 0.17 percent to 95.37. The index has fallen about 2.2 per cent since mid-December on expectations that slowing growth, both in the United States and the world, will constrain the Federal Reserve from raising rates in 2019.
Powell should be patient when interest rates are raised
Powell said the Fed had the ability to "be patient" taking into account the specific inflation data. He also pointed out that the labor market was through many "very strong" measures and he saw the continued momentum in economic data. The Federal Reserve Chairman also said that the institution does not have a special plan to raise the prices of any number of times.
Powell stressed that the prolonged government closure could affect the economy, but he did not expect a recession in general. Powell also said the Fed's balance sheet would be "substantially smaller" and that its quantitative tightening program would continue.
The closure of the US government continues
Graham Trump must use emergency forces to finance the wall
US Senator Lindsay Graham announced that President Donald Trump should declare a state of emergency and use his powers to fund construction of the wall along the border with Mexico.
"It is time for President Trump to use emergency powers to fund the construction of a border wall / wall, I hope it will work," Graham said.
Earlier, the President said that although he had "the right" to declare a state of emergency, he was "not yet ready" to do so. At the same time, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi accused the president of manufacturing the border crisis in order to distract the nation from other issues.
Trump: We should be able to make a deal with Congress
US President Donald Trump said he would announce a national emergency on the border with Mexico if no deal was reached with Democrats in Congress but avoided setting a deadline for the deal.
"If we do not reach an agreement with Congress, we will declare a national emergency," Trump told Fox News at the Texas border, "but I think we should be able to make a deal with Congress because there is a wall on the southern border." Common sense ".
Trump said he was waiting for the Democrats to come to the White House and sign an agreement to close the government, now in its third week, but did not say when the national emergency would be announced. "We will see what happens in the next few days, we will not go anywhere, we need the checkpoint," Trump said. Democratic congressional leaders Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi "know that the wall will be 100% effective," he said. But they are in a campaign for the 2020 elections.
US Dollar Trading
Time frame Used - four hours The USDJPY is moving in a sideway direction in the near term. The USDJPY is still facing resistance and selling pressure around the resistance level of 109.07 trying to breach this level to the upside, but we note that the USD/JPY moves between the upper boundary and the moving average line of the Bollinger indicator. In view of the technical indicators Both the RSI…
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 18 January 2019 11:38 pm2019-01-17
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 18 January 2019 11:34 pm2019-01-17
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 17 January 2019 11:40 pm2019-01-16
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 17 January 2019 11:38 pm2019-01-16
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 17 January 2019 11:36 pm2019-01-16
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 16 January 2019 05:49 am2019-01-16
- GBP/USD Technical analysis 16 January 2019 05:41 am2019-01-16
- EUR/USD Technical analysis 16 January 2019 05:27 am2019-01-16
- USD/JPY Technical analysis 15 January 2019 11:24 pm2019-01-14
Best trading brokers
- Bitcoin burglars succeed in stealing 140,000 dollars of encrypted currency 2017-11-07
- Euro zone manufacturing PMI widen in June, EUR /USD Slip’s 2017-07-03
- commodities Fundamental analysis aaab 2017-08-13
- Chairman Gaincarlo just made the most bullish statements in front of the Congress 2018-02-06
- job growth slowed by much more than anticipated in the month of March 2018-04-06
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01