Pound weakened and the FTSE rose after the announcement of BP output
2019-02-05 12:36 pm | Resource: NEWS | No Views : 140
Pound fell as London's FTSE 100 climbed 1.29% at 11:59 am on Tuesday after BP .
- Shares rose 4.85% at 11:54 am CET. The giant oil company released its quarterly earnings report earlier in the day, announcing that its earnings for 2018 more than doubled over the previous year.
- The FTSE index of mining and construction shares was up, with Glencore Plc up 1.74% and CrH Plc up 2.44% at 11:58 am.
- Meanwhile, Germany's DAX rose 1.19% above the opening line at 12:16 CET, led by Wirecard AG, which rose 6.65%.
- The French CAC 40 rose 1.04% at 12:17 CET.
May returns to Brussels to meet Yonker
A spokeswoman for the European Commission said on Tuesday that Prime Minister Teresa Mae would return to Brussels on Thursday to continue negotiations on Britain's withdrawal from the European Union. Mae will meet with European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker a day after meeting her Irish counterpart Leo Faradkar, who earlier said Ireland and the European position on the withdrawal agreement agreed with the United Kingdom last year.
Earlier, the UK prime minister promised to find a solution to Irish support that would "fulfill obligations to Northern Ireland and secure a majority in the Westminster Parliament."
UK to cut import tariffs to zero in case of exit without agreement
The UK government plans to unilaterally reduce tariffs on all imports to zero if Britain leaves the EU in an unregulated fashion, Haavpost reported on Tuesday.
Liam Fox, the country's trade minister, told industry leaders about his plans to use executive powers to change the trade bill to allow Shetmanster to cut tariffs on all foreign goods to avoid a big price increase if Britain does not reach an agreement with the EU by March 29.
A spokesman for the minister of commerce confirmed that the government was considering the plan.
- The euro was 0.18% lower than the dollar and 1.1414 at 12:18 CET.
- While the pound traded 0.25% in the red zone against the dollar, trading at 1.3006 at the same time.
- Sterling fell to 143.13 against the yen, from a high of 143.56 struck earlier this morning
- The Sterling dropped to 0.8777 against the EUR, trading at a 4-day low of 0.8778.
- The British currency swallowed gains to 1.3012 against the franc, after rising at 1.3049.
We offer you the analysis of the US dollar against the Japanese Yen on Wednesday, April 17, 2019 with the most important expectations for the dollar against the Japanese yen on the market. Time frame Used - four hours The USD/JPY is moving in a bullish direction in the near term. USD/JPY is still facing resistance and selling pressure around 112.10 as the USD-JPY closed yesterday's session down below 112.00…
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 17 April 2019 11:04 pm2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the EUR/USD pair 17 April 2019 11:00 pm2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the USD/JPY pair 16 April 2019 09:02 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 16 April 2019 09:00 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the EUR/USD pair 16 April 2019 08:59 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the USD/JPY pair 15 April 2019 10:05 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 15 April 2019 09:46 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the EUR/USD pair 15 April 2019 09:33 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the USD/JPY pair 12 April 2019 01:19 am2019-04-12
Best trading brokers
- Bitcoin burglars succeed in stealing 140,000 dollars of encrypted currency 2017-11-07
- Euro zone manufacturing PMI widen in June, EUR /USD Slip’s 2017-07-03
- commodities Fundamental analysis aaab 2017-08-13
- Chairman Gaincarlo just made the most bullish statements in front of the Congress 2018-02-06
- job growth slowed by much more than anticipated in the month of March 2018-04-06
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01