Sterling fell before the vote to delay Brexit from the European Union
2019-03-14 08:23 am | Resource: News | No Views : 118
The pound was traded in the red zone on Thursday, where the British parliament is due to vote on whether to extend Article 50 and postpone the withdrawal for three months, so that it can be negotiated. Yesterday, MPs rejected Britain's exit from the European Union. Prime Minister Teresa Mae reiterated that MPs must vote for the deal, deciding to reject the non-agreement scenario.
British MPs pass amendments to reject Britain's exit from the European Union
Britain's parliament on Wednesday approved an amendment by MP Caroline Spielman to rule out a scenario in which the United Kingdom left the European Union without a withdrawal agreement and a framework for a future relationship. The amendment, approved by a vote of 312 to 308, would replace the government's main proposal, also designed to put Britain out of the deal. The vote also represents a new blow to Prime Minister Teresa Mae after yesterday's defeat of the withdrawal agreement.
Before the vote, MP Spielman expressed her desire not to move the amendment because of its similarity to the main proposal of the government and because the fact that the word against the word is the same as the House approved in January. However, Speaker of the House of Representatives John Berko refused to prevent the vote from being held since his joint signing, Labor MP Evit Cooper, in the end to the amendment proposal. Cooper explained her decision by saying that "it is useful for the House of Representatives to have the opportunity to vote for a simpler and clearer proposal" than the proposal submitted by the Government.
However, the Spelman amendment will not completely rule out a result without a deal because it is not binding and does not provide the government with any official instructions.
Hammond: EU may insist on extending longer
"The EU indicates that only if we have an agreement will it be ready to give us a short technical extension," British Finance Minister Philip Hammond told Sky News on Thursday. "If we do not have an agreement, the EU may insist on a much longer extension period."
He warned that "the House of Commons must find consensus on something other than the prime minister's agreement," adding that there is "an increasing pool of support" for the agreement reached by Teresa Mai. The minister said he hoped that "despite the current process," which he described as "not quite smooth," the UK "will reach an agreement that allows us to leave the EU in an orderly manner" with a close partnership with the bloc in the future.
Yesterday, the British Parliament approved an amendment submitted by MP Caroline Spielman to exclude a scenario in which the United Kingdom graduated from the European Union without a withdrawal agreement and framework for a future relationship, after the rejection of the British exit agreement from the Prime Minister for the second time the day before.
- Compared to the euro, the pound lost 0.37% at 8:36 am CET, trading 1.17300 euros after hitting its highest level since May 2017 yesterday.
- The British currency fell 0.42% against the US dollar, reaching $ 1.32850 at 8:37 CET.
- The Pound was down against the Swiss Franc similarly, by 0.39% at 8:38 am and selling at 1.33379.
- The pound rose against the Japanese yen by 0.27%, with the pair trading at 148.66 at the same time
- Against the Australian Dollar, the Pound was up 0.28% at 1.8841.
We offer you the analysis of the US dollar against the Japanese Yen on Wednesday, April 17, 2019 with the most important expectations for the dollar against the Japanese yen on the market. Time frame Used - four hours The USD/JPY is moving in a bullish direction in the near term. USD/JPY is still facing resistance and selling pressure around 112.10 as the USD-JPY closed yesterday's session down below 112.00…
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 17 April 2019 11:04 pm2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the EUR/USD pair 17 April 2019 11:00 pm2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the USD/JPY pair 16 April 2019 09:02 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 16 April 2019 09:00 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the EUR/USD pair 16 April 2019 08:59 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the USD/JPY pair 15 April 2019 10:05 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 15 April 2019 09:46 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the EUR/USD pair 15 April 2019 09:33 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the USD/JPY pair 12 April 2019 01:19 am2019-04-12
Best trading brokers
- Bitcoin burglars succeed in stealing 140,000 dollars of encrypted currency 2017-11-07
- Euro zone manufacturing PMI widen in June, EUR /USD Slip’s 2017-07-03
- Chairman Gaincarlo just made the most bullish statements in front of the Congress 2018-02-06
- commodities Fundamental analysis aaab 2017-08-13
- job growth slowed by much more than anticipated in the month of March 2018-04-06
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01