Japans Nikkei fell to a one month low on Friday
2018-08-10 06:52 am | Resource: NEWS | No Views : 166
Japan's Nikkei fell to a one-month low on Friday as semiconductor-related stocks fell after Morgan Stanley cut its US chip outlook, offsetting any support from Japan's better-than-expected economic growth.
The Nikkei was down 1.3 percent at 22,298.08, its lowest close since July 12. During the week, it fell by 1 per cent.
In late trading, equity selling accelerated after the Yen rallied against the Dollar as investors became risk averse.
The Turkish lira hit its lowest level ever at 5.75 on Friday after a meeting the day before between a Turkish delegation and US officials in Washington that produced no clear solution to the diplomatic frenzy over the US priest's detention in Turkey.
The dollar was down 0.1 percent at 110.98 yen, up from a high of 111.165.
Tokyo chip makers fell 3.6 percent, Advantest Corp. rose 4.9 percent and Holding Holding Inc rose 3.9 percent, while Somco Corp., the maker of silicon chips, fell 4.7 percent.
Morgan Stanley lowered its view of the US semiconductor industry to "cautious" from "in line," saying it could not see a big rise in its estimates in part because of increased trade tensions.
Time frame Used - four hours The NASDAQ 100 is moving in a sideway direction in the near term. The Nasdaq 100 is still facing resistance and selling pressure around the 6632 level like the Dow Jones, where we see a weakness in the momentum of the NASDAQ 100, and the NASDAQ 100 is not able to exceed the Bollinger's moving average line. In view of the technical indicators Both…
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 15 January 2019 11:33 pm2019-01-14
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 14 January 2019 11:57 pm2019-01-13
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 14 January 2019 11:47 pm2019-01-13
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 10 january 2019 11:05 am2019-01-10
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 10 January 2019 10:25 am2019-01-10
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 9 january 2019 10:40 am2019-01-09
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 9 January 2019 08:52 am2019-01-09
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 8 january 2019 06:07 am2019-01-08
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 8 January 2019 06:05 am2019-01-08
Best trading brokers
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01