Asian markets diverge after Bank of Japan decision on interest rate
2019-04-25 07:38 am | Resource: News | No Views : 91
Asia's main stock markets mixed on Thursday after the Bank of Japan decided to maintain a negative 0.1% short-term interest rate and buy government bonds so that 10-year bond yields remain at around 0%.
In other news, Carlos Ghosn, former head of the Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi alliance, received another bail from the Tokyo District Court.
Kuroda: It's probably time to reach the target price of 2%
BOJ Governor Haruhiko Kuroda said on Thursday it would take some time for consumer prices to reach the 2% target, but added that the Bank of Japan will adjust monetary policy as needed to maintain momentum towards the inflation target. Speaking at a news conference in Tokyo, Kuroda pointed out that the goal at the moment is to increase confidence in the Bank of Japan by setting clearer guidance.
The governor also stressed that the risks currently tend to decline for prices and the economy. He said prices are still relatively weak, but he expects the inflation rate to move gradually about 2%.
Kuroda's comments follow the Bank of Japan's decision to keep interest rates at "tight" levels for a long period, at least until the spring of 2020. The BOJ said it took into account uncertainty and economic developments abroad when making the decision.
Kim: We hope to build on friendly relations with Russia
In the political news, Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) leader Kim Jong-un described talks with Russian President Vladimir Putin as "one face-to-face exchange of views" and thanked him for spending time traveling to Vladivostok to meet with him.
"I thank you for a wonderful time and I hope that our negotiations will continue in the same way, in a useful and constructive manner," Kim said, adding that he hoped the summit would promote traditional friendly relations between Russia and the North. Korea. The North Korean leader took the opportunity to congratulate Putin on his "mandate to lead Russia forward" again in 2018. The two heads of state held their first meeting in Vladivostok on Thursday, discussing the situation on the Korean Peninsula and bilateral relations. Putin hailed the summit and described the talks as " "He said.
Asian stocks close
- The Nikkei 225 rose 0.56% at 7:41 am.
- In mainland China, the Shanghai Composite Index fell 1.03% at 7:41 am CET.
- While the Shenzhen Composite Index fell 1.31%.
- Hong Kong's Hang Sang Index was flat, rising 0.03% at 7:41 am CET.
- South Korea's Kospi fell 0.37% at 7:33 am.
- While the Australian S & P / ASX 200 rose 0.16% at 7:31 am CET.
The greenback was down 0.22% against the yen to hit 111.935 at 7:42 CET.
We offer you the analysis of the NASDAQ 100 index on Wednesday , April 17, 2019 with the most important forecasts for the NASDAQ 100 index in the US market. Time frame Used - four hours The NASDAQ 100 is moving in a bullish direction in the near term. The Nasdaq 100 is still facing resistance and selling pressure around 7670 levels, forming a negative candlestick pattern as the indices…
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 17 April 2019 11:17 pm2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The NASDAQ100 16 April 2019 09:10 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 16 April 2019 09:09 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The NASDAQ100 15 April 2019 11:00 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 15 April 2019 10:48 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The NASDAQ100 12 April 2019 02:06 am2019-04-12
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 12 April 2019 01:55 am2019-04-12
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The NASDAQ100 11 April 2019 09:23 am2019-04-11
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 11 April 2019 09:14 am2019-04-11
Best trading brokers
- Deutsche Bank warns its clients to trade with "Bitcoin" 2017-11-24
- Loophole in Twitter allows the spread of 35,000 characters 2017-11-07
- Facebook Fundamental analysis 2017-08-15
- Apple acquires Canadian company specializing in virtual reality technologies 2017-11-23
- Apple shares rose 6 percent 2017-08-02
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01