Japans Nikkei closed at a weekly loss of 8 percent
2018-02-09 08:22 am | Resource: NEWS | No Views : 238
Japan's Nikkei average fell on Friday after another day of Wall Street collapse as oil-related stocks fell sharply as crude oil prices fell, and the Nikkei <.N225> was down 2.3 percent at 21,382.62, bringing its weekly loss to 8.1 percent.
The broader TOPIX index fell 1.9 percent to 1,731.97 points, down 7.1 percent on the week. On Tuesday, Japanese stocks saw their biggest fall since June 2016, with the Nikkei down 4.7 percent.
Losers outnumbered gainers 524 to 117, while 33 remained unchanged. All sectors were red, oil and coal fell 4.9 percent while mining fell 5.4 percent.
Oil prices fell for a sixth day on Friday after Iran announced plans to boost production and US crude oil production hit record highs, raising concerns about a sharp rise in global supplies.
Shares in Nissan Motor Co. fell 3.1 percent after the automaker said on Thursday its third-quarter operating profit had fallen by half, and Nikon Corp saw marginal gains, up 3 percent a day after the company posted upbeat profit.
On the economic data level, consumer and producer inflation slowed in January in China, according to data from the National Bureau of Statistics on Friday, and consumer prices rose 1.5 percent year on year in January, the weakest in four months, after rising 1.8 percent In December. The rate was in line with expectations.
Food prices fell 0.5% YoY versus 0.4% last month. Meanwhile, non-food prices rose by 2 percent after the December rise of 2.4 percent. Meanwhile, monthly inflation doubled to 0.6 percent from 0.3 percent in December.
Conversely, the decline in non-food inflation and producer price inflation will open the door to monetary policy easing this year. The statistical bureau said producer prices rose 4.3 percent year-on-year, weaker than 4.9 percent in December, but exceeded Expectations of 4.2 percent.
Time frame Used - four hours The NASDAQ 100 is moving in a bullish direction in the near term. The purchasing power managed to control the movement of the NASDAQ 100 index to break through the resistance level of 6630 to reach the level of 6721 where it faced around this level to retreat slightly to level of 6625 likely the Dow Jones, but we note that there is a…
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 17 January 2019 09:46 am2019-01-17
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 16 January 2019 09:27 am2019-01-16
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 16 January 2019 09:09 am2019-01-16
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 15 January 2019 11:35 pm2019-01-14
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 15 January 2019 11:33 pm2019-01-14
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 14 January 2019 11:57 pm2019-01-13
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 14 January 2019 11:47 pm2019-01-13
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 10 january 2019 11:05 am2019-01-10
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 10 January 2019 10:25 am2019-01-10
Best trading brokers
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01