Japans Nikkei closed at a weekly loss of 8 percent
2018-02-09 08:22 am | Resource: NEWS | No Views : 162
Japan's Nikkei average fell on Friday after another day of Wall Street collapse as oil-related stocks fell sharply as crude oil prices fell, and the Nikkei <.N225> was down 2.3 percent at 21,382.62, bringing its weekly loss to 8.1 percent.
The broader TOPIX index fell 1.9 percent to 1,731.97 points, down 7.1 percent on the week. On Tuesday, Japanese stocks saw their biggest fall since June 2016, with the Nikkei down 4.7 percent.
Losers outnumbered gainers 524 to 117, while 33 remained unchanged. All sectors were red, oil and coal fell 4.9 percent while mining fell 5.4 percent.
Oil prices fell for a sixth day on Friday after Iran announced plans to boost production and US crude oil production hit record highs, raising concerns about a sharp rise in global supplies.
Shares in Nissan Motor Co. fell 3.1 percent after the automaker said on Thursday its third-quarter operating profit had fallen by half, and Nikon Corp saw marginal gains, up 3 percent a day after the company posted upbeat profit.
On the economic data level, consumer and producer inflation slowed in January in China, according to data from the National Bureau of Statistics on Friday, and consumer prices rose 1.5 percent year on year in January, the weakest in four months, after rising 1.8 percent In December. The rate was in line with expectations.
Food prices fell 0.5% YoY versus 0.4% last month. Meanwhile, non-food prices rose by 2 percent after the December rise of 2.4 percent. Meanwhile, monthly inflation doubled to 0.6 percent from 0.3 percent in December.
Conversely, the decline in non-food inflation and producer price inflation will open the door to monetary policy easing this year. The statistical bureau said producer prices rose 4.3 percent year-on-year, weaker than 4.9 percent in December, but exceeded Expectations of 4.2 percent.
Time frame Used - four hours The NASDAQ 100 is moving in a sideway direction in the near term The purchasing power managed to control the movement of the NASDAQ 100 index to reach again to the main resistance level around the level of 7470 where it faces resistance and selling pressure around this level to retreat to the level of support 7404 forming a positive candlesticks pattern In view…
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 14 August 2018 11:20 pm2018-08-13
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 13 August 2018 09:29 pm2018-08-12
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 13 August 2018 09:27 pm2018-08-12
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 9 August 2018 11:15 pm2018-08-08
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 9 August 2018 11:12 pm2018-08-08
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 8 August 2018 11:36 pm2018-08-07
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 8 August 2018 11:34 pm2018-08-07
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 7 August 2018 12:06 am2018-08-07
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 7 August 2018 12:03 am2018-08-07
Best trading brokers
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01
- Bitcoin forces Santa Claus to distribute the worst gifts to its investors on Christmas 10:04 am 2017-12-25
- Forex 09:26 am 2017-12-25
- OmiseGo .. Time for electronic financial exchanges 02:07 pm 2017-11-15