European indices open on Friday on sharp declines
2018-02-09 08:52 am | Resource: NEWS | No Views : 218
European indices opened on Friday to sharp declines, after closing the US markets on Thursday's declines, where the index of Eurostox 50 fell 0.09% to reach levels of 3,364 points, as the German DAX fell 0.17% to reach levels of 12,241 points , While the French CAC 40 index recorded losses of 0.43% to 5,131 points, although the statistical office said Friday that industrial production in France expanded more than expected in December.
Industrial output rose 0.5 percent year-on-year in December, compared with a 0.3 percent drop in November. The output is expected to grow by 0.1 percent, while industrial output rose 0.3 percent from November's -0.8 percent. Analysts had expected production to fall again in December by 0.5 percent.
Capital goods production rose by 1.8 percent, while transport equipment fell by 2.1 percent. Data showed that construction production rose by 4.1 percent on a monthly basis in December, reflecting a decrease of 0.2 percent a month In the fourth quarter, industrial output grew by 4.9% and 4.2% in the entire industry.
Finally, the British FTSE 100 came down 0.48% to reach 7135 points. On the other hand, shares of Vodafone were down by 1.98% at 203.22 pounds. Beltone Financial was up 0.40% at £ 1,480. Deutsche Bank was down 0.90% at € 12.70.
On the economic front, many European data are expected today, with industrial production and foreign trade due to be released from the UK on Friday, and Swiss unemployment data are due. Unemployment is still expected to remain unchanged at 3 percent in January.
Statistics Norway will publish consumer and producer prices for January. Inflation is expected to remain unchanged at 1.6%, and industrial production figures are expected to be released in France. Analysts expect industrial output to hit 0.1 percent year-on-year in December, reversing a 0.5 percent drop in November.
Time frame Used - four hours The NASDAQ 100 is moving in a sideway direction in the near term The bears managed to push the NASDAQ 100 index back to level of 7080 In view of the technical indicators Both the RSI and the Stochastic are indicating the arrival of indicators to the oversold area Based on this, we expect that the NASDAQ index will test levels of 7352 -…
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 19 October 2018 12:04 am2018-10-19
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 18 October 2018 11:41 pm2018-10-17
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 18 October 2018 11:39 pm2018-10-17
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 17 October 2018 11:15 pm2018-10-16
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 17 October 2018 11:13 pm2018-10-16
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 16 October 2018 11:47 pm2018-10-15
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 16 October 2018 11:45 pm2018-10-15
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 15 October 2018 10:08 pm2018-10-14
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 15 October 2018 10:05 pm2018-10-14
Best trading brokers
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01
- Bitcoin forces Santa Claus to distribute the worst gifts to its investors on Christmas 10:04 am 2017-12-25
- Forex 09:26 am 2017-12-25
- OmiseGo .. Time for electronic financial exchanges 02:07 pm 2017-11-15