Gold rebounds from its lowest level in five weeks
2018-02-12 11:56 am | Resource: NEWS | No Views : 259
Gold futures rose on Monday, from a five-week low, based on the decline of the US dollar against a basket of global currencies, where it rose by 0.53% to reach levels of 1322 dollars an ounce, following the decline of the dollar index which The performance of the US currency against a basket of major currencies measures 0.25% to 90.15, after rising 1.4% last week amid a sharp drop in global stock markets.
Gold prices ended Friday's trading down 0.2%, and the previous day's lowest level in five weeks was 1307. An ounce, on the back of the rise of the US dollar, and over the past week gold prices lost 1.1%, the second weekly loss in a row, Against a basket of currencies, in conjunction with weak investment demand on the metal as a safe haven.
The US consumer price index is due next Wednesday, which may provide a clearer view of how often the Federal Reserve will raise interest rates. The strong US dollar usually affects gold, as it limits the metal's appeal as an alternative asset and makes commodities affordable. The dollar is more expensive for other currency holders, the Fed kept interest rates unchanged last month and raised inflation expectations, suggesting that borrowing costs will continue to rise under the leadership of new central bank head Jerome Powell.
Silver also saw strong gains in mid-European trade, climbing 1.49% to $ 16.38, affected by a rise in the yellow metal on Monday.
Time frame Used - four hours The NASDAQ 100 is moving in a sideway direction in the near term. The Nasdaq 100 is still facing resistance and selling pressure around the 6632 level like the Dow Jones, where we see a weakness in the momentum of the NASDAQ 100, and the NASDAQ 100 is not able to exceed the Bollinger's moving average line. In view of the technical indicators Both…
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 15 January 2019 11:33 pm2019-01-14
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 14 January 2019 11:57 pm2019-01-13
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 14 January 2019 11:47 pm2019-01-13
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 10 january 2019 11:05 am2019-01-10
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 10 January 2019 10:25 am2019-01-10
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 9 january 2019 10:40 am2019-01-09
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 9 January 2019 08:52 am2019-01-09
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 8 january 2019 06:07 am2019-01-08
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 8 January 2019 06:05 am2019-01-08
Best trading brokers
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01