Japans Nikkei index decline to mid October levels
2018-03-05 07:22 am | Resource: NEWS | No Views : 232
The Nikkei average fell to an unwelcome level since mid-October as it fell for a fourth day on fears of a global trade war that hit car makers and shipping companies.
The Nikkei fell 0.7 percent to 21,042.09 after the yen gained safe haven flows as risk sentiment fell on expectations that trading partners would take revenge if US President Donald Trump pressed the proposed tariffs on imported steel and aluminum.
Small stocks were also sold as traders pointed to speculators selling on the assumption that the weakness of the market would last for a while, and the index fell 2.9 percent to a 2-1 / 2-week low of 3471.02.
Steel shares fell again as Nippon Steel and Sumitomo Metal fell 1.8 percent, GBI Holding fell 2.5 percent and Kobe Steel fell 1.5 percent.
Automobile manufacturers, major consumers of steel and aluminum also lost, Honda Motor dropped 2.1 percent, Toyota Motor fell 1.5 percent, Mitsui Osaka fell 1.9 percent and Kawasaki Kissin lost 2.0 percent.
As the dollar fell for a fourth straight session, investors began to worry that Japanese exporters would have to lower their US dollar assumptions for the next fiscal year, which would affect their earnings forecasts.
Time frame Used - four hours The NASDAQ 100 is moving in a bearish direction in the near term. The bears managed to control the movement of the NASDAQ 100 index to retreat to the 6590 level as it faced resistance and selling pressure around the important resistance level of 7100 which pushed it back down again. In view of the technical indicators Both the RSI and Stochastic are indicating…
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 10 December 2018 08:53 pm2018-12-09
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 5 December 2018 11:25 pm2018-12-04
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 5 December 2018 11:23 pm2018-12-04
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 4 December 2018 05:51 am2018-12-04
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 4 December 2018 05:45 am2018-12-04
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 3 December 2018 11:23 pm2018-12-02
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 3 December 2018 11:14 pm2018-12-02
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 30 November 2018 07:46 am2018-11-30
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 30 November 2018 07:43 am2018-11-30
Best trading brokers
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01
- Bitcoin forces Santa Claus to distribute the worst gifts to its investors on Christmas 10:04 am 2017-12-25
- Forex 09:26 am 2017-12-25
- OmiseGo .. Time for electronic financial exchanges 02:07 pm 2017-11-15