Japanese stocks rose to a one week high on Friday
2018-03-09 07:22 am | Resource: NEWS | No Views : 133
Japanese stocks rose to a one-week high on Friday, marking broader gains across Asian equities, with tensions over North Korea after US President Donald Trump agreed to meet with Kim Jong-un, who could take place before May.
The news lifted sentiment, driving most sectors to the positive territory, but defense-related stocks, which rose when North Korea launched missiles last year, lost strength.
Asian markets were also supported by Trump's weaker-than-expected position on trade tariffs, easing fears of a trade war that kept the market on the brink for a week.
Trump pushed ahead with an import tariff of 25 percent on steel and 10 percent for aluminum on Thursday, but retreated from a previous "no exceptions" stance, exempting Canada and Mexico and offering to exclude other allies.
The Nikkei <.N225> was up 2.4 percent at 21,884.45 in mid-trade, its highest level since March 1, before cutting gains to end the market by 0.9 percent at 21,554.67, and the benchmark index has risen 1.8 percent so far this week.
"Japan's market sentiment was relatively weak when North Korea launched missiles last year, so the news that the two leaders will meet is very positive, at least in the short term," Hikaru Sato said. A senior technical analyst at Daiwa Securities.
"But what we can expect from the meeting is still on the table." North Korea has a tough stance on its nuclear program and the market is still not fully convinced that the discussion will proceed smoothly "
Friday's winners included major stocks such as Fast Retailing, which rose 1.5 percent, SoftBank, 1.6 percent and Daikin Industries, up 2.3 percent.
Insurance companies were also bought, with T & D Holdings up 1.6% and Sompo Holdings up 2.3%.
On the other hand, defense equipment maker Ishikawa Seisakushu dropped 11 percent, Hawa Machin Firearms fell 11 percent and Shigematsu Works fell 8.8 percent.
Time frame Used - four hours The NASDAQ 100 is moving in a bullish direction in the near term the Purchasing power managed to control the movement of the NASDAQ 100 index to reach the resistance level of 7315 as we mentioned in the previous report as it faces resistance and selling pressure around this level to actually fall back to level of7183 trying to consolidate above this level In…
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 21 June 2018 12:47 am2018-06-21
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 21 June 2018 12:45 am2018-06-21
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 20 June 2018 06:01 am2018-06-20
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 20 June 2018 05:58 am2018-06-20
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 19 June 2018 01:06 am2018-06-19
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 19 June 2018 01:04 am2018-06-19
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 18 June 2018 09:54 pm2018-06-17
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 18 June 2018 09:52 pm2018-06-17
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 14 June 2018 12:19 am2018-06-14
Best trading brokers
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01
- Bitcoin forces Santa Claus to distribute the worst gifts to its investors on Christmas 10:04 am 2017-12-25
- Forex 09:26 am 2017-12-25
- OmiseGo .. Time for electronic financial exchanges 02:07 pm 2017-11-15