The Nikkei average rose to a one and a half week high on Monday
2018-03-12 07:37 am | Resource: NEWS | No Views : 32
Japan's Nikkei rose to a one-and-a-half-week high on Monday, boosted by technology shares, but early gains were curtailed as the questionable favoritism scandal soured sentiment.
The Nikkei ended 1.7 percent higher at 21,824.03 points, its highest level since Feb. 28, but below the day's high of 21,971.16.
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and his wife and finance minister Taro Aso have been referred to from documents relating to the sale of disputed land, according to documents seen by Reuters.
Asked about the sale of state-owned land at a huge discount to a school operator with links to Abe's wife since her appearance last year, the market was broadly strong after the US jobs report in February reduced inflation and high interest rates.
Shares in technology-related companies advanced after Friday's gains on the Nasdaq, with Tokyo Electron up 3.1%, Somco up 2.5% and Shin-Etsu Chemical up 2.3%.
Nikon Corp rose 1.5 percent and Canon gained 2.0 percent, and exporters' shares were boosted after the dollar gained heavily against the yen after the US employment report on Friday.
Shares in Panasonic jumped 2.7 percent, Nissan Motor rose 1.7 percent, and the broader TOPIX index gained 1.5 percent to 1,741.30 points
Time frame Used - four hours The NASDAQ 100 is moving in a bullish direction in the near term The NASDAQ faces 100 resistance around 7154 and the NASDAQ is down to the 7000 level, trying to consolidate above this level In view of the technical indicators The RSI and the Stochastic are indicating to the arrival of indicators to start the recovery of indicators Therefore we expect that…
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 16 March 2018 07:10 am2018-03-16
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 15 March 2018 05:19 am2018-03-15
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 15 March 2018 05:13 am2018-03-15
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 14 March 2018 01:03 am2018-03-14
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 14 March 2018 01:00 am2018-03-14
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 13 March 2018 12:58 am2018-03-13
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 13 March 2018 12:51 am2018-03-13
- SP500 Technical Analysis 12 March 2018 01:02 am2018-03-12
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 12 March 2018 12:59 am2018-03-12
Best trading brokers
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01
- Bitcoin forces Santa Claus to distribute the worst gifts to its investors on Christmas 10:04 am 2017-12-25
- Forex 09:26 am 2017-12-25
- OmiseGo .. Time for electronic financial exchanges 02:07 pm 2017-11-15