The Nikkei average rose to a one and a half week high on Monday
2018-03-12 07:37 am | Resource: NEWS | No Views : 186
Japan's Nikkei rose to a one-and-a-half-week high on Monday, boosted by technology shares, but early gains were curtailed as the questionable favoritism scandal soured sentiment.
The Nikkei ended 1.7 percent higher at 21,824.03 points, its highest level since Feb. 28, but below the day's high of 21,971.16.
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and his wife and finance minister Taro Aso have been referred to from documents relating to the sale of disputed land, according to documents seen by Reuters.
Asked about the sale of state-owned land at a huge discount to a school operator with links to Abe's wife since her appearance last year, the market was broadly strong after the US jobs report in February reduced inflation and high interest rates.
Shares in technology-related companies advanced after Friday's gains on the Nasdaq, with Tokyo Electron up 3.1%, Somco up 2.5% and Shin-Etsu Chemical up 2.3%.
Nikon Corp rose 1.5 percent and Canon gained 2.0 percent, and exporters' shares were boosted after the dollar gained heavily against the yen after the US employment report on Friday.
Shares in Panasonic jumped 2.7 percent, Nissan Motor rose 1.7 percent, and the broader TOPIX index gained 1.5 percent to 1,741.30 points
Time frame Used - four hours The NASDAQ 100 is moving in a sideway direction in the near term The purchasing power managed to control the movement of the NASDAQ 100 index to reach the level of 7595 as it faced selling pressures and resistance to push it back to the level of 7516 trying to consolidate the top of the ascending trend line sub In view of the technical…
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 24 September 2018 10:26 pm2018-09-23
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 21 September 2018 11:15 pm2018-09-20
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 21 September 2018 11:13 pm2018-09-20
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 20 September 2018 11:15 pm2018-09-19
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 20 September 2018 11:13 pm2018-09-19
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 19 September 2018 11:25 pm2018-09-18
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 19 September 2018 11:23 pm2018-09-18
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 18 September 2018 11:40 pm2018-09-17
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 18 September 2018 11:38 pm2018-09-17
Best trading brokers
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01
- Bitcoin forces Santa Claus to distribute the worst gifts to its investors on Christmas 10:04 am 2017-12-25
- Forex 09:26 am 2017-12-25
- OmiseGo .. Time for electronic financial exchanges 02:07 pm 2017-11-15